Regrets?

BeccyBells

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I regret not starting in 2007 when I really wanted to and when youtube started happening. Succeeding back then was easier and if I did start then, my channel could have been so much better and bigger now...

jdSenpai

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Biggest regret would be not starting earlier. Its 2017! Time to make moves

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I sometimes think that I should've done this whole YouTube thing sooner. Aside from that, there's really nothing I regret. I haven't been to YouTube long enough to have loads of regrets. Every small thing I think I did wrong was another step of improving.

Ripper Roo

Reaction score
I feel like you can;t really regret a work in progress I mean you can say well I shouldn't have posted that or well I should have done better editing or whatever but if you never make mistakes and then learn from them how would you ever learn? So I say no matter what never regret anything that you put your heart into or enjoy doing or whatever reason you started YouTube keep that in mind.

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I regret, and continue to regret, not making as much content as I should. I can go months without making new videos even though my head is full of ideas. And because I don't do it for so long it becomes harder to start again. I had some great time sensitive video ideas that could have reeled in the views if I had made the video in time, but just missed the opportunity because I kept putting it off.

Reactions: Mandee Magenta

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not giving enough effort. I'm grateful for my growth for the first year, but overall I took over 3 months off and thought about quitting at some points. Always know that you can have an old video take off and explode at any moment.
Effort is definitely hard to keep consistent, especially if the numbers aren't coming in at a pace you would like. Effort is also one of my greatest regrets. I want to be able to maintain 2 videos a week and I still find effort difficult to maintain even with the size of my channel. I definitely regretted the past few months where I could have easily drew in more views/subscribers had I locked in and gave more effort.

And aren't you glad you didn't quite? Seems like 2017 is the year for you ;)

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Effort is definitely hard to keep consistent, especially if the numbers aren't coming in at a pace you would like. Effort is also one of my greatest regrets. I want to be able to maintain 2 videos a week and I still find effort difficult to maintain even with the size of my channel. I definitely regretted the past few months where I could have easily drew in more views/subscribers had I locked in and gave more effort.

And aren't you glad you didn't quite? Seems like 2017 is the year for you ;)
Yeah I'm very happy I stuck through. Just a little bit more effort and I'll be earning the minimum before I can go full time. I always talk about how 'success leaves clue' and to model yourself after successful channels. Your channel and stories you've shared has definitely helped me push through the hard times. You told me after 16k subs things started picking up for you. It's exactly what happened to me at 15k! It's nice to know that even social blade predicts I'm going to hit 100k in 9 months :)

Reactions: PictureFIT

theellaem

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not getting started sooner. I have had so many fears due to not fitting into the exact look that people deem "beautiful." It's frustrating because I know that I could be very successful and want to do it. I have all the equipment I need to get started as well. I just need to buy some guts lol!!

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Not starting earlier, I know that if I had kept up with my channel back when I very first started talking to a camera and uploading, I would be up there with the big shots. Back then there was not competition and or much quality.