Regarding Creative Commons

sfonseka

Reaction score
I have downloaded a creative common video. I want to re upload it to my channel. But there are so many links in the description of the original video. Should I add those links to re uploaded video? Or can i upload with my links?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Then you have violated YouTube's Terms of Service.

"The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as specifically permitted by the Service; (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders; or (c) as permitted by applicable law;"
You are only allowed to download your own channel's videos; either through your Creator Studio Dashboard, or through Google Takeout. Using third party download applications isn't allowed, and can cause your channel to be terminated.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Then you have violated YouTube's Terms of Service.

"The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as specifically permitted by the Service; (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders; or (c) as permitted by applicable law;"
You are only allowed to download your own channel's videos; either through your Creator Studio Dashboard, or through Google Takeout. Using third party download applications isn't allowed, and can cause your channel to be terminated.
Totally incorrect when it's a creative commons video. If you go to a certain section of YouTube their is videos users can upload as creative commons and allow you to reuse them.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Totally incorrect when it's a creative commons video. If you go to a certain section of YouTube their is videos users can upload as creative commons and allow you to reuse them.
Not incorrect at all.
To use such videos, you need to actually contact the uploader and get them to give you a copy from their hard disk. YouTube doesn't give a facility for anyone to download videos they don't own unless it is on the mobile app; and that is for offline viewing only.

The portion of my post in parentheses was a direct paste from the YouTube Terms of Service @offbeatbryce; so are you saying that YouTube itself is lying? And you actually can be terminated for using a third party app to download videos from YouTube.

Since you don't want to believe me, I invite you to go to the current incarnation of the YouTube Support Forum, found at:

and ask the same question there.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not incorrect at all.
To use such videos, you need to actually contact the uploader and get them to give you a copy from their hard disk. YouTube doesn't give a facility for anyone to download videos they don't own unless itmobile app; and that is for offline viewing only.

The portion of my post in parentheses was a direct paste from the YouTube Terms of Service @offbeatbryce; so are you saying that YouTube itself is lying? And you actually can be terminated for using a third party app to download videos from YouTube.

Since you don't want to believe me, I invite you to go to the current incarnation of the YouTube Support Forum, found at:

and ask the same question there.
Creative Commons videos on youtube have a Download link.

Last edited:

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It’s in the description box. The person puts one in the description but it’s a Creative Commons video.