Refused Monetization Twice Now - Don't know why!

mrzomaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTTALK,

I've started a YouTube channel for my brand THE-LOWDOWN and have been posting up content over the past few months and have been refused monetization twice now.

I emailed YT and asked why in which I received a generic response of "Upon checking, please note that your YouTube Partner Program application was rejected because we were unable to determine if your channel complies with YouTube Partner Program Policies. Make sure your content complies with our policies, and you can reapply again in one month. In the meantime, you can still upload videos to YouTube. "

I then responded and asked if they could tell me the EXACT clause or policy my channel was breaching in which they responded "Unfortunately, we don't have the information that you're asking. Kindly review this Help Center article to know what are the things that we look for. Also, you can reapply again in one month."

I was hoping that you guys could assist me by quickly reviewing my channel?

THE-LOWDOWN.com YouTube Channel: channel/UCK4AbyN0A-AS2oqUzMoqgSg

All music has appropriate rights purchased from the associated artists and the content has all been produced by my brand.

Any help is much appreciated as dealing with YT is quite frustrating!!

Thanks in advanced!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm at work so I haven't looked, but does your channel have at least 10,000 views?

mrzomaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm at work so I haven't looked, but does your channel have at least 10,000 views?
Over 200,000 views.

Our channel is not violent or graphic
Our channel does not contain hateful content
Our channel does not breach any copyright
Our channel does not contain threats
Our channel does not contain spam, misleading metadata or scams

When I asked them why is was rejected, they replied with this line which I absolutely love;

"Upon checking, please note that your YouTube Partner Program application was rejected because we were unable to determine if your channel complies with YouTube Partner Program Policies. Make sure your content complies with our policies, and you can reapply again in one month. In the meantime, you can still upload videos to YouTube."

Unable to determine? Ummm, I'm pretty sure it's your job to determine if my channel complies!!!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh wow. Do you swear at all? I know my AdWords campaigns get blocked all the time if I do. Oddly enough, the Display Ads on the side get blocked, the In Stream ones are allowed. Always. And those are the ones that pop up before a video you actually want to watch lol.

mrzomaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So nobody can actually help?

Is there another way to contact YouTube without it being a bot?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think they have a phone number somewhere, but I'm not sure. That's really weird that you've been blocked from it if there's absolutely nothing wrong with your channel. wtf.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I strongly suspect it is because you are selling products on the associated .com web page, and have a product placement link in the video description to that page, which may be viewed as a possible conflict with the Adsense terms regarding third party advertising on a YouTube channel.

They will see the link as a possible form of paid advertising for the .com site - with associated revenue. They may not make the connection that the link is to your own homepage, and is not a third party.

That's my take on what is going on.

You can try including a statement in each video description to the effect that no third party advertising revenue is associated with the video or any links shown in the video description.

If you remove the "Shop THE-LOWDOWN: plus link" text in the video description I expect the problem will go away. I'm sure that's cause of the issue.

You can still link to the .com site through the link to your home page in your YT channel header, and also any link to a commercial site included in a comment is a non issue.

Adsense are very touchy when it comes to ANY hint of associated third party revenue.

By the way, nice camera work.

Cheers Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Human

mrzomaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your take on it @Xynudu - I'll make the relevant changes before applying in 30 days time and report back!

Reactions: Xynudu

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTTALK,

I've started a YouTube channel for my brand THE-LOWDOWN and have been posting up content over the past few months and have been refused monetization twice now.

I emailed YT and asked why in which I received a generic response of "Upon checking, please note that your YouTube Partner Program application was rejected because we were unable to determine if your channel complies with YouTube Partner Program Policies. Make sure your content complies with our policies, and you can reapply again in one month. In the meantime, you can still upload videos to YouTube. "

I then responded and asked if they could tell me the EXACT clause or policy my channel was breaching in which they responded "Unfortunately, we don't have the information that you're asking. Kindly review this Help Center article to know what are the things that we look for. Also, you can reapply again in one month."

I was hoping that you guys could assist me by quickly reviewing my channel?

THE-LOWDOWN.com YouTube Channel: channel/UCK4AbyN0A-AS2oqUzMoqgSg

All music has appropriate rights purchased from the associated artists and the content has all been produced by my brand.

Any help is much appreciated as dealing with YT is quite frustrating!!

Thanks in advanced!
I saw the link to the music that you downloaded. Did you buy the rights for the song for your use or did you just download it somehow? That could be your problem. Just throwing darts here to help. Cheers, Scott

mrzomaya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I saw the link to the music that you downloaded. Did you buy the rights for the song for your use or did you just download it somehow? That could be your problem. Just throwing darts here to help. Cheers, Scott
All the music within our clips has been licensed to us by the artists directly.