Reddit?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is reddit a good way to promote your channel? I've noticed that I get a fair bit of views from reddit but the time they watch the videos is way lower than from other sources. Maybe Im just posting in the wrong reddit forums?

Cookey

Reaction score
I would say it is yes. But yea it's better if you're posting in the correct place because you might get more upvotes then get to "hot". If you post in the wrong subreddit it might just get lost with all the other new posts

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In a sense, Reddit is science. You have to figure out what video fits in what sub-reddit, and by figuring that out, you have to post and see what happens.
But you have to be an active member of reddit as well, as Reddit users know if you are just there to post your videos, which annoys them, and may be less inclined to watch the whole videos!

Matheus Brito

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And be careful not to post too many plugs in a row or else you'll get shadowbanned.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's always a good idea to become a regular member of Reddit so that you can see what a successful Reddit post looks like. Most Reddit users (including myself) browse the site while in ADD mode just to see if there is anything new and interesting posted. You need to be able to grab their attention, and because they are in ADD mode, you need to make sure that your video is enticing and hooks them in. The first few seconds of your video are extremely important, because those few seconds will determine whether they stay to watch it or go back to the site.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As someone who has never used reddit, how exactly do you go about promoting your page on a site like that? Do you just start a topic and say "check out my YouTube page," or is there a different strategy involved?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As someone who has never used reddit, how exactly do you go about promoting your page on a site like that? Do you just start a topic and say "check out my YouTube page," or is there a different strategy involved?
No way don't do that. I find people on reddit are very sensitive. You have to build up karma points before you can post and video to begin. I know have 930 Karma points, but you need about 50 I think to post vids. The videos have to be related to the topic your posting in as well. You always feel on thin ice there.

Reactions: Officialcharliehunt
Reaction score
Why is life so complicated lol all these damn rules all we want is ppl to see us but u can’t just wave and say hello u have to sign paperwork and arrange a meeting before hand lol don’t u just love 2017 [emoji29][emoji28] sorry random rant! I’m just feeling your pain too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Why is life so complicated lol all these damn rules all we want is ppl to see us but u can’t just wave and say hello u have to sign paperwork and arrange a meeting before hand lol don’t u just love 2017 [emoji29][emoji28] sorry random rant! I’m just feeling your pain too lol

I've spent the last few hours arguing with 2 militant mods of a subreddit. I posted a video, and someone elses as their own rules requested. They banned me lol. Said I was spamming, yet I haven't posted in that subreddit for months! I use 2 other subreddits only and post mine and others videos no problem. But these guys are a piece of work I tell ya. I also called them out on their bs by pointing out that there are 2 other users who have been continuously spamming their subreddit yet they have done nothing. Some of the mods need taking down a peg or 2

Reactions: Officialcharliehunt
Reaction score
I've spent the last few hours arguing with 2 militant mods of a subreddit. I posted a video, and someone elses as their own rules requested. They banned me lol. Said I was spamming, yet I haven't posted in that subreddit for months! I use 2 other subreddits only and post mine and others videos no problem. But these guys are a piece of work I tell ya. I also called them out on their bs by pointing out that there are 2 other users who have been continuously spamming their subreddit yet they have done nothing. Some of the mods need taking down a peg or 2
Looooooool I swear we need to make a forum just for other YouTubers where we can promote freely without ppl stopping us, like I would love to see more YouTubers in my location and be able to work with them and then work with the next upcoming guy in our location but how can we ever do that freely with all these limitations! I swear when I get free time I’m going to create a YouTube collab an promo page! It’s the same with Instagram there’s so many ways to get more views to your page but ppl don’t want to do it!!

Last edited by a moderator: