Reddit Promoting

Bro D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been working to get my name out there. I am looking for every and any way I can to promote my videos and get them out there for people to see. And it seems like Reddit is just the place for that. However, on most of the subreddit things, it seems there is always a rule against self promoting videos. So, my question is, what are the best subreddits to submit my channel links to and I don't have to worry about whether or not it is violating some rules of the subreddit.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy discussion forum.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think as long as you have a link to your channel or something that indicates your profile is to do with a channel, people are generally ruder and more suspicious towards that profile.

E.g. if 'tom' posts something like "whats a good small car to buy?" - people would generally answer that in a normal way

If "motor channel tom' asks the same question - no doubt he wil be ignored

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
Mixed feelings about reddit. I posted 2 videos to it months ago and neither were even viewed.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've posted a few videos to reddit over the last few weeks...I tend to get either no response or a handful of views out each post...I mean...I cant complain for a handful of views but I think; at least in my case,it has rather been oversold as a way to start building a community.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Reddit can be a goldmine of traffic, but you can't treat it like it's just a site of several that you'll be casually submitting your video to. You need to become a member and study it daily so that you can see what types of videos do well. Also, study members who are constantly submitting content that hits the front page. And while you're at it, build up some karma on the site so that you don't look like you're someone who is purely in it for a "hit and run". I've been a member there for a few years and have seen some very successful campaigns both with a member submitting their own video as well as acting like someone who is submitting someone else's. I haven't bothered with it myself because I'm more of a SEO guy and cannot be bothered trying to get traffic from other sources other than YouTube and Google. If you need some ideas on how to get easy karma check out my post history, I wrote a post about it a month or two ago.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've received mixed views from it. Some videos get quite a few and others get maybe 1 view. Though I am trying to share more on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as well.

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
Reddit can be a goldmine of traffic, but you can't treat it like it's just a site of several that you'll be casually submitting your video to. You need to become a member and study it daily so that you can see what types of videos do well. Also, study members who are constantly submitting content that hits the front page. And while you're at it, build up some karma on the site so that you don't look like you're someone who is purely in it for a "hit and run". I've been a member there for a few years and have seen some very successful campaigns both with a member submitting their own video as well as acting like someone who is submitting someone else's. I haven't bothered with it myself because I'm more of a SEO guy and cannot be bothered trying to get traffic from other sources other than YouTube and Google. If you need some ideas on how to get easy karma check out my post history, I wrote a post about it a month or two ago.
Thank you thats great advice.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've found reddit to be very successful, got just over 2,500 video views over the last 2 months. Although reddit can be pretty dangerous, if people decide your spamming expect a flurry of dislikes on your videos. So, play with reddit at your own risk :)