kevsup

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Was there a specific time in the day you found more successful to post?
Not particularly- I didn't really think much about that lol. If I were to guess, then in the morning on weekends- in this way it stays relatively new throughout the day, whereas if you post in the evening then the next morning your post is already 10+ hours older than it has to be.

Also, I'm a very small youtuber so success to me is like 50 views per video lol, but since you have a couple thousand subs I'm not sure if it's worth your time

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not particularly- I didn't really think much about that lol. If I were to guess, then in the morning on weekends- in this way it stays relatively new throughout the day, whereas if you post in the evening then the next morning your post is already 10+ hours older than it has to be.

Also, I'm a very small youtuber so success to me is like 50 views per video lol, but since you have a couple thousand subs I'm not sure if it's worth your time
I'm going to give it one more shot, I heard so many youtubers are successful with reddit as well so i'll give it a shot.

Reactions: kevsup

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well, I now have somebody who seems to be sharing my new Adventure Time videos to reddit after I upload them. So I don't even have a choice in this anymore, haha. I don't mind at all though of course; it's a super nice gesture to share somebody's creation somewhere.

TopScienceFacts

I've Got It
Reaction score
I regularly post to reddit, with a few people considering it spamming as I have been reported to /r/spam 5 times but since I am actually a normal functioning member I haven't been shadow banned. I have very very posts lower than 1 aswell as having posts other than my content above 100. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Without reddit I wouldn't be anywhere near what I am now in subscriber count!

Reactions: sadiemarie88

sadiemarie88

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have noticed that most of my channels views come from both reddit and facebook. I know on reddit you can be shadowbanned without knowing it if you post too many self promoting posts. How do you promote your channel without being seen as spammy?

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just got my first ban for being reported for spamming :p. Definitely would advise choosing to Reddit though, you can get some very honest feedback from there (although some are just outright trolls) and can connect with many that like what you create. Good luck finding a sub reddit brother :)

TopScienceFacts

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have also noticed that on Reddit, you get the experts!

I posted a video up about a Nuclear Fueled Engine, research it myself but the websites I used were incorrect.

Got myself a little lesson on Nuclear Engineering haha

Razvion

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldnt use reddit. I personally dont understand that site too well, it makes it quite hard to read and post on there, and always gotta worry it is spam. You cannot even reply to threads withing 10 mins, so is a post each 10 mins, so lame.