Reddit Blast your videos to increase views

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I've noticed there are ways to do this vertically and horizontally.

One thought process is to find a theme of your videos and find the sub Reddit that reflects that theme. The other thought process is to find a style of video and then post to that sub Reddit. I'll give a good example.

So I make LEGO videos. Some are reviews, builds, stop motions, or unboxing. Now I could go to the LEGO subreddit and post one of these and hope it gains interest. OR I could go to the Time Lapse sub Reddit and hope that the video gains interest that way.

I have found much more success in the latter of the two. I think people on reddit are far more interested in the style of video rather than the theme.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I concur. I think your second choice would give you a fresh audience, who won’t know much about your world, and find it intriguing because it stands out from other time lapses being posted. Of course, execution is still vital!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spence Bailey

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I concur. I think your second choice would give you a fresh audience, who won’t know much about your world, and find it intriguing because it stands out from other time lapses being posted. Of course, execution is still vital!

Yes exactly my thinking. If you go with the style of video approach, a Reddit user may be like "Oh wow I didn't know you could do (such and such) using (your niche content)!" I think there is more of a chance of retention when you open their eyes to something new. Whereas showing them the same theme with a new style leans on the side of that Reddit user being like "oh it is (your niche content) but it's using an odd style?".

You also tun the risk of that person viewing the content in your niche theme sub Reddit of attempting to find similar videos to your style type and not your theme, meaning you'll get less retention and offer traffic to your competition.

Example; I make a LEGO time lapse video and post it within the LEGO sub Reddit. A user checks the video and becomes more interested in the time lapse niche and finds more time lapse videos that might not actually be MY content.

Where as we can compare it to this example; I make a LEGO time lapse video and post it within the Time Lapse sub Reddit. A user check the video and becomes interested in the LEGO niches and goes through more of MY videos because my niche is LEGO, not time lapse.

Sorry about my rambling, I may be over analyzing this. [emoji23]

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yes exactly my thinking. If you go with the style of video approach, a Reddit user may be like "Oh wow I didn't know you could do (such and such) using (your niche content)!" I think there is more of a chance of retention when you open their eyes to something new. Whereas showing them the same theme with a new style leans on the side of that Reddit user being like "oh it is (your niche content) but it's using an odd style?".

You also tun the risk of that person viewing the content in your niche theme sub Reddit of attempting to find similar videos to your style type and not your theme, meaning you'll get less retention and offer traffic to your competition.

Example; I make a LEGO time lapse video and post it within the LEGO sub Reddit. A user checks the video and becomes more interested in the time lapse niche and finds more time lapse videos that might not actually be MY content.

Where as we can compare it to this example; I make a LEGO time lapse video and post it within the Time Lapse sub Reddit. A user check the video and becomes interested in the LEGO niches and goes through more of MY videos because my niche is LEGO, not time lapse.

Sorry about my rambling, I may be over analyzing this. [emoji23]

Lol. I think this is good analysis. It does seem highly likely that you’ll do better in the space you’ve chosen.

Do you happen to have other creator friends that will upvote you when you post?

Reactions: Spence Bailey

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Lol. I think this is good analysis. It does seem highly likely that you’ll do better in the space you’ve chosen.

Do you happen to have other creator friends that will upvote you when you post?

Currently I have NO friends that are content creators so I've had no help getting traction that route. It's basically just been me commenting around on videos within my niche and posting my videos on my Facebook. And let me tell ya, not many people on my Facebook share my interest. [emoji23]

Overall, it's been a struggle but I love the stuff I'm creating so I try to not focus on the numbers and just focus on the engagement from my audience when I get it. If I see I get a comment I try to reply as soon as possible with the most genuine reply I can muster up.

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Same Same with Facebook! lol[DOUBLEPOST=1528145551,1528084301][/DOUBLEPOST]I would suggest everybody whose active on Reddit to consider teaming up with other creators to do Reddit Blasting like we've been discussing.

For instance, I have a Facebook Group called "You Ask. We Answer." around the concept of "Reddit Blasting". As of now, we're a group of 9 video creators who know and help each other at least once a week with growth hacking.

If you can find a group like this to participate in, or even start one yourself, it will make a huge difference for you!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit can helps get views, But many not many subscribers. For me personally people on Reddit are really mean to me not because of my videos but because I look a lot younger than i really am so I get really creepy men 30- Years older than send me really weird messages. It just really depends on which community you post your videos, some have been really nice and upvoted my videos and some will down vote without watching just to be mean.

Reactions: Michael Masters

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have used Reddit a lot and found it the best way to promote my videos. This topic has been debated a lot here on Yttalk and again I think some videos do better on Reddit than others. Videos like mine that tend to be a bit provoking seem to do very well on Reddit. But you got to be prepared for a LOT of S...too:)

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
and have a ways to go before I can do it completely my way
may i disagree?

it is always about you and your way.

so either you show what and how you like it from start

either you enter the "this is popular or commonly accepted"

overpopulated highway where everyone is stucked in the traffic....

:)

AlexLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
read the post below this one. for some reason i couldnt delete this post and had to re-write.

Last edited:

AlexLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of your videos are way too short, which is what is leading to your high view duration percentage.
Someone can just watch less then a minute of your video and you would rank above 50% view duration. So you think your doing everything right, however in reality that is about the time that a viewer would leave if they did not find your content interesting. So your stat is very misleading and its lead you to not realy understanding what is going on with your channel/ videos.

First problem i see is that you have way too many short videos, so its hard to get a true grasp of the quality of the content or audience retention. Also the views you do have are small enough, that I would have to put them into the small sample category and not put too much weight on them.

But by far the biggest thing that you are doing wrong is that your titles suck big time. You have to make titles for what viewers are searching for or as close to it as you can. Be seo friendly. This is what creates organic traffic the most. 2nd is how youtube ranks you according to quality of content via viewer retention, velocity of traffic, user engagement (shares/likes/comments). Take a look at which of your videos are doing well. They are the ones which are targeted, while the ones that have very little hit, are the ones with vague titles.

3rd mistake: your titles dont tell us what to expect, so why would we click on it. Its like going to a bookstore and you see a book titled Science fiction and thats it. Why would anyone read that book, when we have no idea what its about.

4. You have no traffic funnel nor any social media enagement.

Reactions: Michael Masters