Reddit Blast your videos to increase views

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Oh, I see. So by "hook" you meant something in the video to hold their attention. I was thinking you were meaning like title and thumbnails being the hook, but I guess that would be the bait.

Well, my videos are different in that I don't really control much of the content, so any hooks are there or not without my influence. As far as pacing, I've done a number of things to try to keep people watching, but I think a lot of people click on my videos, not knowing what to expect, and then they don't like it. They certainly aren't for everyone. But they are how I like them to be.
I’m sorry, I should’ve clarified. I refer to the hook as the first 10-15 seconds.

Personally, I have a tendency to want my videos to appear cinematic, but I often forget that I only have 80 subs, and have a ways to go before I can do it completely my way. I try to keep the pace going, but still insert cinematic pauses here and there for tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I’m sorry, I should’ve clarified. I refer to the hook as the first 10-15 seconds.

Personally, I have a tendency to want my videos to appear cinematic, but I often forget that I only have 80 subs, and have a ways to go before I can do it completely my way. I try to keep the pace going, but still insert cinematic pauses here and there for tension.

I’d love to take a look at your favorite video.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I've been hearing mixed emotions concerning Reddit. Some say it really helps, others say it could somehow 'backfire' along with the fact that I guess reddit is "mean," because of the anonymity users have. I'm not sure though, I have never used reddit. However I may try it if it does actually help channels grow.

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Honestly, I've been hearing mixed emotions concerning Reddit. Some say it really helps, others say it could somehow 'backfire' along with the fact that I guess reddit is "mean," because of the anonymity users have. I'm not sure though, I have never used reddit. However I may try it if it does actually help channels grow.
It’s a good platform if you post the videos in the relevant subreddits and have excellent quality content. The thing I like about the platform is...Reddit doesn’t lie!

Reaction score
Hi all! I actively use subreddits as a growth strategy for kicking off videos. I do video marketing for an addiction treatment center and there are several subreddits that have worked incredibly for me. Here's a few screenshots of my findings. I think as everyone was saying, finding the appropriate subreddits is key and posting relevant and helpful information with an interesting post title can really help, especially when it comes to watch time.

Attachments

Reactions: Michael Masters

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hi all! I actively use subreddits as a growth strategy for kicking off videos. I do video marketing for an addiction treatment center and there are several subreddits that have worked incredibly for me. Here's a few screenshots of my findings. I think as everyone was saying, finding the appropriate subreddits is key and posting relevant and helpful information with an interesting post title can really help, especially when it comes to watch time.

Nice results!

Reactions: Austin Armstrong

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to get to know the community and see if we are good fit before I decide show my stuff to people.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I've noticed there are ways to do this vertically and horizontally.

One thought process is to find a theme of your videos and find the sub Reddit that reflects that theme. The other thought process is to find a style of video and then post to that sub Reddit. I'll give a good example.

So I make LEGO videos. Some are reviews, builds, stop motions, or unboxing. Now I could go to the LEGO subreddit and post one of these and hope it gains interest. OR I could go to the Time Lapse sub Reddit and hope that the video gains interest that way.

I have found much more success in the latter of the two. I think people on reddit are far more interested in the style of video rather than the theme.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk