Reddit Blast your videos to increase views

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Me too! @ASMR Amour! Most of my external traffic comes from reddit. (34%)
lol mine is 47% of my external traffic! So it for sure helps alot. I don't know how some people do well without posting on related subreddits, but idk maybe eventually that wont be most of my external sources once my channel picks up some more well see.

Reactions: Michael Masters

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
lol mine is 47% of my external traffic! So it for sure helps alot. I don't know how some people do well without posting on related subreddits, but idk maybe eventually that wont be most of my external sources once my channel picks up some more well see.
I sincerely hope it does. You produce quality ASMR. I like your detailed designs in the wet foam sections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VicvideopIC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I post links to each my new videos to relevant subreddit and I get quite good upvoting, so I have an amount of karma point not bad.
I get a good amount of views, but the average viewing time in Reddit is by far the shorter than any other place I upload to.
So I am not sure if Reddit plays in my favour.
And I agree, there aren't many comments

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I post links to each my new videos to relevant subreddit and I get quite good upvoting, so I have an amount of karma point not bad.
I get a good amount of views, but the average viewing time in Reddit is by far the shorter than any other place I upload to.
So I am not sure if Reddit plays in my favour.
And I agree, there aren't many comments
That makes me curious about my own viewing time in there

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Whenever I tried, I got hardly any hits. Also, it had been hard for me to find an appropriate subreddit. Only about 0.1% of my traffic is from “external” and even my organic views are about 33 second watch duration. So nope, no outside promotion for me.

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Whenever I tried, I got hardly any hits. Also, it had been hard for me to find an appropriate subreddit. Only about 0.1% of my traffic is from “external” and even my organic views are about 33 second watch duration. So nope, no outside promotion for me.
Do you have a hook that might need some work?

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I’m not sure what you’re asking. What part of my message is this in response to?
When you mentioned a 33 second watch duration, I just wondered (respectfully) if it might have to do with the hook, or even that the pacing is holding them until right around that portion of the video?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When you mentioned a 33 second watch duration, I just wondered (respectfully) if it might have to do with the hook, or even that the pacing is holding them until right around that portion of the video?

Oh, I see. So by "hook" you meant something in the video to hold their attention. I was thinking you were meaning like title and thumbnails being the hook, but I guess that would be the bait.

Well, my videos are different in that I don't really control much of the content, so any hooks are there or not without my influence. As far as pacing, I've done a number of things to try to keep people watching, but I think a lot of people click on my videos, not knowing what to expect, and then they don't like it. They certainly aren't for everyone. But they are how I like them to be.

Also, my average percent viewed is 36%.