Recover terminated youtube account

Kale

Reaction score
Hi there, need some help here. Is there a way we can recover terminated youtube account?

My youtube account has recently been terminated due to copyright issues. Before this I have received two copyright strikes but I haven't been uploading videos. Yesterday I received a message saying my youtube account has been terminated due to violation of community guidelines.

So my questions are,

1. Can I find out what is the last video that has been taken down due to copyright issues which eventually leads to the termination of my youtube account?
2. Does the so called "community guidelines" include copyright issues?
3. Is there a way to recover terminated account? (By removing all the videos with copyright issues?)

Thanks a bunch for your clarification!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
1. Maybe, Youtube is very vague about causes for strikes and termination. They do sometimes give you the name of the video that caused the strike.
2. Yes.
3. No and yes. You can't recover it, only Youtube can. Unless you have a very good reason for them to recover your account, you'll have to consider it lost.

Just to be frank, nobody on this forum can directly help you with this issue. We don't work for Google/Youtube. You'll have to email YT and pray you actually get a human response.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion forum. :)

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
If your channel is large enough to have 1, I would sugguest reaching out to your YouTube Rep or Network Rep (I have neither but a friend of mine used to talk highly of both his)

1 - I believe YouTube sends you an email when your video gets a copyright strike. But I've only got 1 copyright stike back in 2012 and times have changed, but maybe check your spam folder?
2 - Copyright strikes are higher and more serious than community violation. Pretty sure you get a pass for your first tiny community violation but no passes on copyright strikes since it's semi legal.
3 - I suggest reaching out to what ever channel / company gave you the copyright strike and asking for a pardon, or submitting for a reversal if you think you were in fair use OR starting a lawsuit if you believe it was fair use.

I'm sure you're a cool person and very smart. My advice in the future is the moment you get 1 let alone 2 copyright strikes it's time to clean shop within the next 30 seconds