Recording Voice with Hauppauge HD PVR (PS3)

Mickzter97

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys

I want to be able to record my voice as I play FIFA and Black Ops etc. I know that if I am not talking to others then I just plug it into my PC. But when i play against my cousin I want to be able to record what we both say. It get pretty funny so it would be great for YT.
I have a PS3 and use the Hauppauge HD PVR 2. My headset is Turtle Beach P11

Any idea how?

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't own a Hauppage but I found this on my first search try.
Does this help?

I actually didn't even watch the video but I know the Hauppage has an audio in. So what I was wondering. If you capture gameplay. does it already capture what the others are saying? If it does you could buy an audio splitter. One towards the Hauppage AUX-in and the other one to the ps3.

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
you're gonna have to record the audio on your pc (with something like audacity) and then render it out.

iAmMasky

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want to record both your voice and your cousin your gonna have to record the gameplay with the pvr and then use a program such as mp3 skype recorder and record your two in a skype call

RikPLastik

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi there! I have the same problem, the only solution that I have for you is to put the settings for your Turtle Beach 'out' to default, but keep the 'in' on your headset. The capturing device will record what he says now. You still have to record your voice through Audiocity or something and match the audio.
Hope this helped, cheers!

TeeeRuss

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To record other peoples voice on PS3, you go to your sound settings (where you select what mic you are using) and set the output to default/ standard. You can now hear the voices of other people in your recording! Just record your voice separately and you're good to go! :)

minecraftbadman

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i had that problem recording with an hd pvr 2 but on xbox! i record my friends mics fine while im in chats but i have to record mine with a mp3 recorder software on my pc. it works but can sometimes be a struggle.