Recording video on an Ipad (Need help)

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you need to see yourself while recording with the back camera, put a mirror behind it so u can see yourself
Thx good plan, and if I record vertical it makes it record really thin so the black bars are massive so I record in horizontal

natsu84

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thx good plan, and if I record vertical it makes it record really thin so the black bars are massive so I record in horizontal
Yep exactly. Play around with iPad apps there are so many to pick from that can help you with your videos. :)

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep exactly. Play around with iPad apps there are so many to pick from that can help you with your videos. :)
Thanks for the tips il use that App you suggested, your harlem shake vids cool :D your most popular vids funny hahaha

Reaction score
On all Apple products, the back camera is always better than the front one, but the quality difference isn't a big margin. I used to use an iPhone 4 for my videos, (recently bought a Canon 600D) and I preferred using the front camera so I could view myself.
The difference is pretty significant on the iPad. Definitely use the back-facing cam.

Reaction score
There's occasionally weird performance when shooting video vertically too. Something about how Apple's transcoding. Probably not the case on the front-facing camera, but definitely on the back.

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's occasionally weird performance when shooting video vertically too. Something about how Apple's transcoding. Probably not the case on the front-facing camera, but definitely on the back.
Ok cheers for your help il try shooting in the better cam il just have to edit out me fussing around to hit record

Reaction score
Ok cheers for your help il try shooting in the better cam il just have to edit out me fussing around to hit record
Yeah, I hear ya - I shot for about two months on my iPad. Usually just set it up, recorded a quick test shot, then checked if I was in frame, and then recorded for real. It's all about the edits :)

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Recording quality depends on which ipad you have. The newer the ipad the higher quality the camera lens.
Nevertheless, on all iPads the rear camera is the better one of the two.

I used an iPhone 4 for many of my videos and they came out fine to be honest.

Make sure you have plenty of light. The lenses on iPads are small and they need plenty of light to produce sharp footage.

Also try to edit on a computer if you can. It will yield higher quality output.