Recording video on an Ipad (Need help)

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, so basically I record my vids on my Ipad, and as you can see if you have seen any of my vids, the quality isn't the greatest (not saying its terrible).

So two questions.

1.) Is there anyway to record in better video quality on my Ipad? Like I know there is 2 camera's , a front and a back Camera, is either better than the other?

2.) Is there any way to make the videos into a 16:9 format so they fit the youtube box fully without having to have black frames round the outside?

Thanks in advance.

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not sure if it's for iPad, but when I record on my iPhone I use Filmic Pro, it's the most customizable filming app out there! And it's even Ryan Connolly approved :D

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not sure if it's for iPad, but when I record on my iPhone I use Filmic Pro, it's the most customizable filming app out there! And it's even Ryan Connolly approved :D
Thanks, if it was on the app store on your iphone it should be for my ipad! Did it let you resize the video and change the recording quality?

natsu84

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
What do you use to edit your videos. I use iMovie which is 4.99 or the best free one which is splice. Just make sure when your done editing it and are putting it in the camera roll you make the video quality 720p or 1080p. I use my ipad 3 for almost all my videos.

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you use to edit your videos. I use iMovie which is 4.99 or the best free one which is splice. Just make sure when your done editing it and are putting it in the camera roll you make the video quality 720p or 1080p. I use my ipad 3 for almost all my videos.
I don't edit videos. I'm new to Ipads and am literally so unsure on what to do, I think my Ipads older than yours don't know if this effects it? iMovie for 4.99 sounds good value, can it put your vids into 16:9 to fir the yt screen and wow 1080p!?

Tyggs

The Boy Who Was Named After An Animal
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
On all Apple products, the back camera is always better than the front one, but the quality difference isn't a big margin. I used to use an iPhone 4 for my videos, (recently bought a Canon 600D) and I preferred using the front camera so I could view myself.

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On all Apple products, the back camera is always better than the front one, but the quality difference isn't a big margin. I used to use an iPhone 4 for my videos, (recently bought a Canon 600D) and I preferred using the front camera so I could view myself.
Yeah thats the problem if I use the back camera I can't view myself and have to turn it around to end the video which is kinda annoying and won't look good/professional on my videos.

Tyggs

The Boy Who Was Named After An Animal
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Yeah thats the problem if I use the back camera I can't view myself and have to turn it around to end the video which is kinda annoying and won't look good/professional on my videos.
Just edit out the ending then.

natsu84

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't edit videos. I'm new to Ipads and am literally so unsure on what to do, I think my Ipads older than yours don't know if this effects it? iMovie for 4.99 sounds good value, can it put your vids into 16:9 to fir the yt screen and wow 1080p!?
The ipad 2 can record up to 720p. Also how are you recording with ur ipad. Is it vertical or horizontal while u record. If its horizontal it records with the black bars.

natsu84

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you need to see yourself while recording with the back camera, put a mirror behind it so u can see yourself

Reactions: unknown_user0004