Recording software for my purposes?

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm trying to find video recording software to use that can do a few specific things. Specifically I'd like software that:

1) Can record video at decent quality with the video and audio in sync and won't lag or cause other stuff to lag, and can do this when I'm playing live online games like diep.io or Overwatch.
2) Can record my facecam and screen separately so that I can edit them together as I like later, and can either have the recordings start at the same time or put accurate time stamps on them so I can sync them up easily later.

I've tried Quicktime Player and OBS, but I've had problems with both. I can't figure out how to record my facecam at all with Quicktime, and with OBS I've had problems with the audio not syncing up and I can't find a way to do the second thing. So, any recommendations? Thanks.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I sugest you to tinker more with OBS and visit their forums for help. OBS is all you would ever need for recording purposes. And best of all - it's free.
I use OBS since 2 years and I streamed countless of gameplays with or without facecam, multiple displays, online collaborations via hangouts, VoIP calls , chat messages in the stream etc. etc..