Recording Live Gameplay Commentary

Sir Friendship

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Our current setup is a HD-PVR and a condenser mic (cost around 80 dollars so its high quality) but the only way to get the best quality is to mute the television and turn off every little device which makes noise. A lot of the lets players do live commentary just fine with the game audio on, is there anyway we could change the setup so we can still hear the in game music but not have it be picked up, even if it means changing the setup. We do have a few turtle beaches and gaming headsets, could those come into play somehow?

sorry for the lengthy post haha :)

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My guess would be to use the headphones to hear the in game sounds and to not even bother with the TV sounds. Im not familiar with how to use HD-PVR, but if i was recording game play videos on my computer i would screen capture using fraps and have headphones to hear the in game sounds and have all other sounds turned off so i get a clean vocal while recording. Idk if that made since, but basically use your head phones for the game sound.

Reactions: TheKeebzyShow

NaturalPortman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would directly capture the ingame audio and listen to it while playing with headphones so the microphone does not catch the extra noises.

Reactions: TheKeebzyShow

Consolex

you can't fall off the floor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would directly capture the ingame audio and listen to it while playing with headphones so the microphone does not catch the extra noises.
Plus one... though if you are playing co-op console games, You could buy an adapter and put two headsets into a duel audio port that way you could still play with a friend.

Sir Friendship

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Plus one... though if you are playing co-op console games, You could buy an adapter and put two headsets into a duel audio port that way you could still play with a friend.
where would I get one of these magical dual audio ports? :)