Recording game footage and webcam

DondonChai

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use bandicam to record (the gameplay and webcam) as an avi, then I import the file into windows movie maker and export it as an mp4 which fixes the audio delay, and then I import them into adobe premiere. :)

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use bandicam to record (the gameplay and webcam) as an avi, then I import the file into windows movie maker and export it as an mp4 which fixes the audio delay, and then I import them into adobe premiere. :)
How do you fix the audio delay?

Reactions: DondonChai

Krozjin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Probably the same way as me, you have the audio for the webcam synced properly, and then your regular audio, which in my case is delayed, then moved to the same spot, and the webcam one disabled. Or visa versa. You basically use one to know the placement for the other. Hope that makes sense.

DondonChai

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I played the video regularly the audio was in sync, but the second that I imported it into another program the audio would de-sync (probably because of varying fps rates). I noticed that in Windows movie maker when I imported an avi file and exported a high quality mp4 file that the audio would synchronize. Try it out and see if it works for you.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I played the video regularly the audio was in sync, but the second that I imported it into another program the audio would de-sync (probably because of varying fps rates). I noticed that in Windows movie maker when I imported an avi file and exported a high quality mp4 file that the audio would synchronize. Try it out and see if it works for you.
I do the same thing, but in Sony Vegas Pro 12. It doesn't work :p

Reactions: DondonChai

jdragon212

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS is good for multiple things like that. It's also really user friendly. I watched one little tutorial video on it and was able to figure everything out for it. I haven't used the other programs that people have mentioned though.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS is good for multiple things like that. It's also really user friendly. I watched one little tutorial video on it and was able to figure everything out for it. I haven't used the other programs that people have mentioned though.
My webcam never syncs with my audio.

CCGxJauvil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just ordered a c920 as well. Haven't tried to put webcam video with game video yet but I use Bandicam for game capture so I'm thinking manycam might be the way to go. Also, you are very talented @Krozjin I checked out your demo reel.

DondonChai

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do the same thing, but in Sony Vegas Pro 12. It doesn't work :p
Ah bummer, maybe you should try Hanbreak.
You can export a file and freeze its fps rate so that it doesn't fluctuate. There's a "constant framerate" within the video section, it may help!