Recording = Awkward?!

HeppyG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did you guys ever laugh at yourself or feel awkward when recording and talking to yourself? As sometimes I can't help but laugh when I record and my mom/dad walks in and be like ''you okay son?'':bounce::bounce::bounce:

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did you guys ever laugh at yourself or feel awkward when recording and talking to yourself? As sometimes I can't help but laugh when I record and my mom/dad walks in and be like ''you okay son?'':bounce::bounce::bounce:
Not while recording but editing oh lord yes. On a side note I have screamed so loud and with such legitimate terror while recording a horror game I have had my mum walk in and be like 'What happened?! Are you ok?'

Willabee

Let's be weird together!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer, Other
I have definitely had my bouts of giggle fits. Especially when I hadn't slept in a day or two, or when I recorded for like 2 hours straight and still hadn't gotten it right. I get light headed and the lack of oxygen makes EVERYTHING funny. Sometimes it helps to take a half hour break and get some water :p

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I film 4 weeks in advance. So when it comes time to edit a video. I sometimes dread uploading it because I think its a stupid topic but then I realize that everyone relates to something different and I get over it.

Reactions: Willabee

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I already talk to myself, so that wasn't new (is that not normal or something? I thought we all did that to some extent...? xD ). However, talking to a camera was totally bizarre at first.. :p It still is bizarre because I can't help but talk to it like it's an inanimate object, which is bad.. =S

HeppyG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have definitely had my bouts of giggle fits. Especially when I hadn't slept in a day or two, or when I recorded for like 2 hours straight and still hadn't gotten it right. I get light headed and the lack of oxygen makes EVERYTHING funny. Sometimes it helps to take a half hour break and get some water :p
OH MY HAHA:smug: gotta take alotta caffeine hahaha! awesome roast btw!:biggrin:[DOUBLEPOST=1467597911,1467596950][/DOUBLEPOST]I
I film 4 weeks in advance. So when it comes time to edit a video. I sometimes dread uploading it because I think its a stupid topic but then I realize that everyone relates to something different and I get over it.
get that feeling too :help:[DOUBLEPOST=1467597984][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like talking to myself. Me always comes up with good ideas.
I come up with great ideas and struggle more cause I end up debating with myself as which is best :banghead:[DOUBLEPOST=1467598055][/DOUBLEPOST]
I already talk to myself, so that wasn't new (is that not normal or something? I thought we all did that to some extent...? xD ). However, talking to a camera was totally bizarre at first.. :p It still is bizarre because I can't help but talk to it like it's an inanimate object, which is bad.. =S
YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! :bounce:(Even though I don't show my face HAHA)[DOUBLEPOST=1467598142][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not while recording but editing oh lord yes. On a side note I have screamed so loud and with such legitimate terror while recording a horror game I have had my mum walk in and be like 'What happened?! Are you ok?'
HAHAH gotta love how mum's react :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Mostly while editing at some jokes that I have made, especially for my vlogs. I find it helpful when making a new video, provided the jokes I used are funny and they will make people laugh. Being a bit self-critical is good :)

As for family walking in while you are recording that is more of an annoyance because if it was good footage, unless you spin it around somehow you will have to cut it out...

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I live by myself, so recording isn't awkward for me :p

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Even though my partner helps with more than half the videos I record (he plays most of the characters in most of the videos, as he's the better puppeteer), I feel really awkward about filming my solo videos when he's in the house. No idea why.