Recording and Editing

YourShadowBuddy

Are there any good FREE video editing softwares around? I'm using OBS to record and VSDC to edit but I'm wondering if there are any better recording and editing softwares that are also free?

If you are using a Mac Imovie would be a great option! Although most people just torrent these days...so if your gonna do that then i suggest sony vegas pro it's a great editing software that's easy to use.

I'd suggest investing in some software.. you get what u pay for a and it will really show it your work. i use final cut pro on my mac also premier pro is great to.

OBS seems to be what folks use for recording. Either platform has it's built-in editing software (iMovie or Windows Movie Maker). As you pay more, you get more features that allow for easier ability to do the things you want to do.

Windows Movie Maker was free but it is now obsolete. Microsoft no longer support it and no longer provide the install files. Even if you find the install files on a forum somewhere, I'd advise against installing it because there is no official support for it. My install of it stopped working 2 weeks ago with Windows 10 latest update, for example and I didn't find a fix. ^^

I agree with @Jayppakk that it's worth investing a bit of money for editing software. Paid software will have good support and better features. The problem with free is that the programmers aren't getting paid so they're not really interested in it. When WMM stopped working, I tried looking for a good free alternative but didn't find anything. So I decided to invest some money and I bought Filmora ($60) and I've been very satisfied with it. There is a free trial version of it (with watermarks) to try it out before paying.

For screen recording, there is another free option. - Camstudio - It is fine for simple screen recordings but I don't know how good it is for gaming or any complicated stuff. (You'd have to test it. :)

Ok thank you i use windows thiugh so imovie wouldnt work but ill look into Sony Vegas Pro!
If you are using a Mac Imovie would be a great option! Although most people just torrent these days...so if your gonna do that then i suggest sony vegas pro it's a great editing software that's easy to use.
[DOUBLEPOST=1527089623,1527089437][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I would really liketo invest in better software eventually but just for now I’d like to stick with free things. Thank you! I’ll look more into it! :3
I'd suggest investing in some software.. you get what u pay for a and it will really show it your work. i use final cut pro on my mac also premier pro is great to.

Windows Movie Maker was free but it is now obsolete. Microsoft no longer support it and no longer provide the install files. Even if you find the install files on a forum somewhere, I'd advise against installing it because there is no official support for it. My install of it stopped working 2 weeks ago with Windows 10 latest update, for example and I didn't find a fix. ^^

I agree with @Jayppakk that it's worth investing a bit of money for editing software. Paid software will have good support and better features. The problem with free is that the programmers aren't getting paid so they're not really interested in it. When WMM stopped working, I tried looking for a good free alternative but didn't find anything. So I decided to invest some money and I bought Filmora ($60) and I've been very satisfied with it. There is a free trial version of it (with watermarks) to try it out before paying.

For screen recording, there is another free option. - - It is fine for simple screen recordings but I don't know how good it is for gaming or any complicated stuff. (You'd have to test it. :)
Okay thank you, I’ll see about Camstudio! :D

Back