Record an object for hours and get monetized ?

saroutkat

Reaction score
Hello, I have a channel with 1200 subscribers and 3900 hours watchtime, I will soon reach 4000 hours watchtime and apply for monetization

The problem is my channel upload very low quality content, for example : I record a Tree for 1 hour ( Without changing angle of view, the camera is static
Surprisingly, I got some views and some subscribers...

So i Started to Upload content like that : Rain, chair, paper ... for 1 hour
I even record a black background without music !

A friend told me youtube will refuse my monetization request because they will considered my videos as a spam...

What do you think ?

There is 0 copyright content in my video...

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I see the value in this kind of content. Sometime people just want a screen saver kinda thing. If I go out I ofter leave a cracking fireplace on the screen for my cat. Or sometimes go to sleeps listening to hours of engine idle sound from the uss voyager or enterprise lol. I imaging if you made your tree stuff into playlists it would make appealing content for those digital pictures people have etc.
It certainly doesn't sound like spam to me. Its original content that you have actually bothered to make. I am sure youtube will value that.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Probably not, in fact, if you have blank content up, YouTube can and will delete your channel. They have done it before.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the problem I see is the youtube platform is geared around a active engaged viewer. and what they are selling there advertising as being shown to a person actively watching. a tree or a fireplace stationary recording for an hour the person is probably not actively watching they may have it playing in the back ground but there not actively engaged watching it. even though your not breaking any rules I could see the possibility of not being approved because your channel content does not fit what they are trying to sell there advertising as.