Recipe Video most popular on Beauty channel, should i make a separate Food Channel?

curiouskitty

Reaction score
hi! so i basically created my channel to share stuff that i want to share, like recipes, skin care reviews and other stuff. Now that I see the potential of my channel I am faced with a big dilemma. See, my channel is, right now a mix of everything, i have skin care and makeup videos, about 4 cooking videos and a bunch of travel videos.

The most popular videos are the "Lechon" (roasted pork) recipes and it is really constantly getting my channel views, revenue and subscribers. Now, here's my problem, i notice that when i upload skin care or makeup related videos, i see significant numbers of SUBSCRIBERS LOST every single time. I think it is very safe to assume that these are the subscribers I gained from the Pork recipes.

So i have one more roast pork video left and I am willing to create a separate channel, I am just very confused as to what to do with the popular video on my beauty channel. I have to mention that, since I am now getting ready to have a separate food channel, I am going to upload mostly beauty related videos on my current channel where the popular roast pork videos are. So i really don't know what to do. It's not like I can MOVE my popular video to the new channel right. I hope some of you can help me as I am really dumbfounded.

PS: to give an idea, i have 1.2k subs, the most popular video has 133k views and is getting an average of 2k views in 48hrs. i am really really looking forward to your ideas and analysis. Thanks in advance!

worldofsonji

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why not make your current channel the food channel? That way you can keep all the subscribers from the pork video.

If that video is attracting new subscribers you have a better chance of keeping them if you keep that channel active with related content.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! I run a cooking channel myself. I think if I were in this situation I'd just keep my channel and just change the type of content to more and more cooking videos. All depends what you want of course. If you want to do both, might be worth doing the beauty stuff on a new channel instead, as your most popular video is cooking, would make sense to keep the video where it is.