Recently hit 80k subscriber, got any questions regarding YouTube?

Sonny Evans

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I found this platform today, love seeing all sorts of content creators come together and chat about YouTube and life. Recently, I hit 80k. First of all, I am not posting here to ''boast'' about that, to me, it's just a number. The number changed, the game has and will never.

I've had a pretty bumpy ride with mostly ups, but also downs on YouTube. I started uploading about 9 months ago, I got pretty lucky landing an interview with a big GTA YouTuber. From there, the ball kept on rolling. I started making creative content in videogames such as GTA.. After that expanded to PUBG, Battlefield, Fortnite and Far Cry 5.

I had a pretty steady growth. On December 31st I hit 10k after 6 months of near enough uploading daily. I was super happy about that, but on January 1s, my entire channel blew up. I decided to capitalize on that and expanded on the video that gained a lot of views, turning it into a series.. And that got me to 40k subscribers in one month.

The rest is still a work in progress, currently I am on 80k, hopefully, 100k somewhere next month. I learned a lot about YouTube in the last 9 months, what worked for me, what didn't work for me.

If you have any questions at all, I'd love to answer them!

Reactions: nad and PictureFIT

HybridM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First, I want to say congratulations on reaching a milestone as great as that! I am new to these forums as well so this will be a cool first interaction. When starting, I have played certain games and through some unfortunate events I was no longer able to continue a series with those games and eventually moved to trying something else I liked. I like to play a variety of games and would like to be able to feature a good amount of them on my channel without risking a loss of viewer retention. My question is, what's the best way to go about featuring more than one game on a channel? Also, what type of advertising did you do?

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's awesome man! I hope that one day I get chosen to be In an Interview with a big Youtuber.[DOUBLEPOST=1524084302,1524084261][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I'll start doing Interviews with other Youtubers...

Sonny Evans

Reaction score
Congrats man!
Thank you!

That's awesome man! I hope that one day I get chosen to be In an Interview with a big Youtuber.[DOUBLEPOST=1524084302,1524084261][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I'll start doing Interviews with other Youtubers...
Most of the time just asking them might work. If you have interesting topics you'd like to discuss and don't come at them like ''Hey bro, big fan'' they might be interested in coming on!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I’d like to know your upload schedule and plans as well as what you thinks makes bigger channels reach out to help the smaller ones. Would be a good chat

Sonny Evans

Reaction score
I’d like to know your upload schedule and plans as well as what you thinks makes bigger channels reach out to help the smaller ones. Would be a good chat
At first, I uploaded 3 times a week at 18:00 cet. When my videos gained traction I upped it to daiky around midnight my time (17:00 east coast). The majority of my subs are US based, that made more sense. Now I somewhat have the luxury to upload whenever, views come in regardless.

As for content creators reaching out, mostly it's because you offer something unique, or are talented or you say something that peaks their interest. Mostly when I take to fellow content creators its just to have a laugh together teally

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi there,

First of all, congratulations, that's a very impressive growth for someone who started 9 months ago.

My question is: how do you deal with frustration?

I'm a beginner animator. I feel like the gap between my imagination and my current animating skills is very veryyyy big and as a result, I can't tell my stories (to put it simple, I make vlogs) the way I want them to be (my skills are amateurish and my imagination is limitless). I know that we all start somewhere, but it's still frustrating.

It's like when you learn a new language: you want to tell a lot of things, but you have the skills of a little child.

Sonny Evans

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all, congratulations, that's a very impressive growth for someone who started 9 months ago.

My question is: how do you deal with frustration?

I'm a beginner animator. I feel like the gap between my imagination and my current animating skills is very veryyyy big and as a result, I can't tell my stories (to put it simple, I make vlogs) the way I want them to be (my skills are amateurish and my imagination is limitless). I know that we all start somewhere, but it's still frustrating.

It's like when you learn a new language: you want to tell a lot of things, but you have the skills of a little child.
Thank you!

Well to me those frustrations are challenges. I often challenge myself to set a new bar and try to improve. And that is a process, one you should share with your viewers I feel. I love seeing improvement in content, it makes you feel you are a part of the journey instead of a spectator of the final product

If animating is something you are truly passionate about, keep working hard and success will follow. Its a super generic answer but thats really all that it is.

Reactions: Kwantabile

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thank you!

Well to me those frustrations are challenges. I often challenge myself to set a new bar and try to improve. And that is a process, one you should share with your viewers I feel. I love seeing improvement in content, it makes you feel you are a part of the journey instead of a spectator of the final product

If animating is something you are truly passionate about, keep working hard and success will follow. Its a super generic answer but thats really all that it is.
I like animating because I like telling stories. And I have ideas I want to bring to life.

Thank you.