Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Recent videos randomly 'not adv. friendly' - then the next day they are, and so on.

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by YouTubePartner2008, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    I've been having something odd happening with the monetization of my videos recently.
    I'll post a video and it will get say to 20,000 views in a couple of days. Then I'll notice the dreaded yellow "$" saying my video is not advertiser friendly. However, a day or so later the yellow "$" is back to green and all is good. But it may continue to switch back and forth over a week's time.

Is this because of bots determining my video is not advertiser friendly and then a real person overrides it? Is it the flagging process that is causing this - where say too many flags or thumbs down and you automatically get a yellow "$" until its manually reviewed?

I also noticed that if I click for 'manual review' that often I get the even more dreaded "$" with a slash - game over. So, I don't click that anymore!

I honestly haven't paid much attention to any of this in the past but just noticed it this week.

FYI - I've been a partner since 2008, have the verified check mark and the silver play button. I don't know if any of those credentials help or hurt when it comes to one's 'advertiser friendly' status.

#1 YouTubePartner2008, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017