Recent upsurge in views from suggested videos

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry if something like this has been discussed before.

I haven't been really active on YouTube lately, but I'd noticed a couple of new subscribers the past few weeks and a comment on my channel come in.

I just checked out analytics today and realized I have an extremely high number of views in the last 28 days compared to what I'm used to. Like I couldn't get this many views if I tried.

I checked the traffic sources and found a vast majority to be coming from suggested videos and a decent amount from browse features too.

I've heard rumors of an algorithm change or something and I know they've update the layout and such.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar uptick recently, if anyone knows what the cause of it might be and if there are any tips to taking better advantage of that.

Thanks,
Tyler

Reactions: Lock

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Yes youtube changed their algorithm. So the suggested videos are based on what the viewers want to see based on their search and watch history. It means no more same channels suggested video. If you are seeing that change in the view it's a good thing.

Reactions: TylersMagic

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube did change their algorithm. In suggested section of YouTube it caters more to that persons search history so that viewer will get videos recameded to them they most likely would like to watch. Congratulations on your views increasing!:)

Reactions: TylersMagic

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes youtube changed their algorithm. So the suggested videos are based on what the viewers want to see based on their search and watch history. It means no more same channels suggested video. If you are seeing that change in the view it's a good thing.
So to be clear... you are saying copy cat channels are no longer getting suggested?

TVJunkie93

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same thing over here. Two videos from a year and a half ago have blown up this month, with viewers coming from suggested videos and browse features. I just posted a similar topic in the YT gossip forum, trying to find out why the boost.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suggest we all help each other out by inserting others links in the "suggested videos" of each others' videos
?