Received a 3rd Copyright Strike on My Channel

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
There is a substantial difference between h3h3's and Suzy lu's reaction videos. If she was taken to the court... oh my.
Well I don’t know. I don’t watch either. But if you’re big enough you get your way. Case in point this post!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reactors issuing copyright takedowns to people reacting on their react videos in which the issuing DMCA reactor reacted to a video s/he didn't own the rights in the first place!

Welcome to 2018 YouTube where copyright is neglected and people react on reacting for the sake of reacting. I am glad I have solved all my copyright issues of the past thanks to YouTube by getting YouTube certified and acquiring ContentID. For the record I could have taken many channels down already that blatantly copy my videos and make compilations, but I simply claim them and "forgive" them.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it hard to obtain YouTube certified? Haven't looked into this.
I would say it's very hard (next to impossible). I was applying for it since 2012 and heard back from YouTube just last month. Then I had to take a serious exam for which I studied 2 hard weeks (without getting out like in the good old times of the university). But in the long run it was worth it (The wait and the studying).

Reactions: CousinEd

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say it's very hard (next to impossible). I was applying for it since 2012 and heard back from YouTube just last month. Then I had to take a serious exam for which I studied 2 hard weeks (without getting out like in the good old times of the university). But in the long run it was worth it (The wait and the studying).
Did you have to travel to a certain place to take the exam? Or was it an online type exam?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's online and all the materials to study are available in the creator academy. They also have some courses at the YouTube Space. I was going to visit it in Paris last year, but always something else obstructed my visit, so may be next time I will pay a visit to them, even if I don't understand French. I will act like I belong :) Sorry for getting off topic to the thread. If there is enough interest I may do IAMA thread here where I will answer questions related.

Back to the topic, When that Suzy something filled the DMCA compliant she checked and signed the following:

“I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”

How she knows?

"The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”

She is not the owner of the whole content if there are parts of the original video to which she reacted.

So in fact she abused the DMCA takedown form and violated the copyright law. She initiated a legal process for a content for which she may not fully owns all the rights.

Reactions: CousinEd

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To be clear, I'm not on OP's side nor the original "reactor's" side in this matter. And I also agree that both the reactor and the owner of the trailer can request to strike OP's video down, but I do believe, in this particular matter, only the original owner should use the magic strike button.
I understand. Then I still wonder what the OP should put as the reason the takedown was invalid.
Back to the topic, When that Suzy something filled the DMCA compliant she checked and signed the following:

“I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”

How she knows?

"The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”

She is not the owner of the whole content if there are parts of the original video to which she reacted.

So in fact she abused the DMCA takedown form and violated the copyright law. She initiated a legal process for a content for which she may not fully owns all the rights.
How do you get "owner of the whole content" from the thing she had to have signed? She's the owner of the content that she included, even if it was only 0.1% of the OP's video.

ReactioNation

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies guys.. But well, I have no idea what to do then.. The people saying she used video game footage which doesnt belong to her is true, but then again idec Sdawkminn makes sense as well.. So if i do the counter thing, and she goes ahead and proceeds to sue me.. I dont want "legal" problems over something so stupid -_-