Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Rebranding

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by That Tommy, Aug 27, 2018.

1. That Tommy
    Cash:
    $14
    Hey guys,

I recently decided I wanted to rebrand my channel because my current name RacoonsCorner as some friends pointed out makes it hard to find my videos and I also lost my domain name a while back. I have a FB page that still gets likes which I am happy about but I am unsure how to go about rebranding and getting known by the new name I want.

Any advice for me?

Thanks!

2. UhoohExtra
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    You don't give us much clues to work with. As long as you have not burnt your branding and logos onto your old videos (like i have duh) then you should be fine to just change your name logo and channel art to whatever you want to. You can have message such as *** formally known as *** .. like Prince RIP. etc

3. That Tommy
    Cash:
    $14
    In most of my older videos I have advertised my old domain name and FB page which those videos are still getting views. I am trying to get known as That Tommy now instead of Racoon from RacoonsCorner as I think it is more personable and catchy. Whenever I can swoop up the old domain I am planning on having it direct to the new one. I just find it a bit difficult to manage two names

4. UhoohExtra
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    'Tommy's RaccoonsCorner' Sounds like a winner to me !

5. Paperblossem
    Cash:
    $26
    I'd prefer 'Tommy's Raccoon Corner' because for foreign citizens like me it's easier to pronounce. And if you build a fanbase you can call it #TeamTRC

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

6. Messages:
    Cash:
    $9
    I have re-branded my main channel and I think as long as you notify all your subs well in advance it can be a good thing.

7. That Tommy
    Cash:
    $14
    How did you go about it? Did you make a new channel or just change the images and made a video explaining things?

8. Tacrob
    Cash:
    $11
    I haven't changed my name before, but I have "reset" my channel as it were and had to gain traction again. I would say that Ancient Game has the right idea of notifying your subs through a video, social media, etc. The main thing to understand is that you do run the risk of losing some progress that you've made, and rebranding is usually a gamble. I think the most important part is to just make sure that the new name you go with is far better than your original and that you feel it holds a lot of potential growth to it.

9. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $31
    I think this is the way to do it. I kind of re-branded my channel too in that sense I started to make new content. My videos now are different from when I started two years ago but I kept the same name. Yes I have lost subscribers but i gained a lot again and now i make videos the way I really like to make them

10. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $182
    If you want to keep the same channel instead of making a new channel you can make a video letting your subscribers know that you are changing your name and you can even post about it on your social media like twitter and Facebook you shouldn’t have a problem.