Reasonable time for YouTube to respond to a report?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all!

Hope all is doing well?

I believe this is the most relevant area to post this question. Pretty much I’m curious what’s a reasonable time to expect YouTube to respond to a report?

I’ve had to make a harassment report and impersonation report against someone who’s using my pictures (of me personally) and also making very degrading and false claims about me. So serious that I could be fired from work - which isn’t fair given I YouTube for fun and to help gamers out with news and glitches. It’s also down right illegal what was mentioned. However it’s an international matter and law enforcement refuse to help me.

I’ve personally waited two weeks but am concerned nothing will be done about it. I’ve managed to reach YouTube on Twitter as well and they promised to investigate but again, nothing has happened.

All the claims are false. This person who made the account is rather obsessed - we’re talking about 11 months of stalking me online. That I don’t care about. I happily block all accounts he messages me on. It’s more so the fact his now taken it to the extent of impersonating me on YouTube & making scary allegations. So again - my question is what is a reasonable time I can expect YouTube to take it down or am I going to have to deal with it forever?

Sorry about the huge post.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paperblossem

Reaction score
This is not something you should ask YouTube, this is straight up stalking and that's the work of the police.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is not something you should ask YouTube, this is straight up stalking and that's the work of the police.

I wish it was that simple - that’s why I’m wanting YouTube to act. I was told no one in Australia can help me. Both State & Federal Law Enforcement told me that. Cyber Crimes told me flat out theres no law that could protect me here. I went to the extent of contacting UK Police where the person lives and even they didn’t want to hear it. Everyone told me it’s YouTubes responsibility. Guess it’s one of those unfortunate events then. Thanks for the reply though. I appreciate it :)

Reactions: Paperblossem

Paperblossem

Reaction score
I wish it was that simple - that’s why I’m wanting YouTube to act. I was told no one in Australia can help me. Both State & Federal Law Enforcement told me that. Cyber Crimes told me flat out theres no law that could protect me here. I went to the extent of contacting UK Police where the person lives and even they didn’t want to hear it. Everyone told me it’s YouTubes responsibility. Guess it’s one of those unfortunate events then. Thanks for the reply though. I appreciate it :)

If it's YouTubes responsibility… then make an expose video of that guy.