Realtek HD drivers

Shlanga

Reaction score
I've seen most people use Realtek HD drivers for their mics, so I got those too. However, after installing them, nothing changed. There were currently Microsoft Drivers installed on my new laptop. How do I get rid of those, or activate Realtek HD drivers?

At the moment, I get some very annoying background sounds with either mic on or off, worse than before, and I also don't have an option of "Turning other sounds off" or whatever it was - I think it is provided by Realtek, no?

Thanks for any tips!

EDIT:

Also, how come there's no Mic Boost with Microsoft Drivers ? I've only got the usual volume, therefore my mic is VERY quiet at max volume everywhere. I know Microsoft is s**t, but is it that bad that they can't even provide Mic Boost?

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right click computer.
Click device drivers
Go to sound, video, and game controllers and disable any sound driver not related to Realtek.

Shlanga

Reaction score
Right click computer.
Click device drivers
Go to sound, video, and game controllers and disable any sound driver not related to Realtek.
There's only
- High Definition Audio Device
- Intel(R) Display Audio

The only thing I could do with those, is uninstall them, which I did. Then I installed Realtek, which requires a reboot. When the system boots up, Microsoft drivers are there again. Done this numerous times in many different ways - they just won't go.

Any ideas?

Also, how come there's no Mic Boost with Microsoft Drivers. I know Microsoft is s**t, but is it that bad that they can't even provide Mic Boost?

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you ever considered getting an audio interface?

Shlanga

Reaction score
Have you ever considered getting an audio interface?
What is this?

Anyway, I have Realtek on my other laptop - installed it without a problem - but it doesn't work on this one, because Windows drivers just won't go away. Anyone knows how to get rid of them?

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And audio interface is an external sound device. It has less latency than the built in sound, produces much better quality audio and is easy to use. Look it up and check it out.

Are both laptops the same OS?

Shlanga

Reaction score
And audio interface is an external sound device. It has less latency than the built in sound, produces much better quality audio and is easy to use. Look it up and check it out.

Are both laptops the same OS?
My other laptop is Win 7 Pro and this one is Home - could that be the reason? Doesn't make much sense though, but neither do Windows. I've done pretty much everything to tell Windows not to install their effin drivers, they still do it. I'm very close to devoting my life to punching Bill Gates in the face. Any ideas what else can be done here? I'm up for some drastic measures, as I don't know what else to do. I'm sure I don't ned the external sound device, as it works alright on my other older laptop with Realtek HD drivers, which provide options that I need.

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website."

From what I see here, this might be an internal hardware problem. I'm not 100% though.

Shlanga

Reaction score
I already found the answer - this is an extremely common occurrence, and Windows still hasn't fixed it. There are plenty of this kind of questions on Windows Support boards without any help whatsoever.

Paid £100 for this crap, and it doesn't even listen to me? Eff them, I knew piracy was the answer to those bureaucrats! Never again.

K. V Anime, thanks for your help mate, appreciate it. I'll sort this out myself.

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Aye, good luck with that and I hope it works out for ya. Don't you just love computers? :banghead:

Reactions: Shlanga