Real question about Networks.

Stelios

King of Derps
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Why so many small channels want to get in a Network? Youtubers nowdays don't need network to monetize, there are so many places for free music for videos and there are forums like this to collab and find new friends.

I really don't understand it. Its not like Networks ever promote small channels, they just focus on the bigger ones.

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well as far as I know for gaming it helps protect the channel. But I'm not really sure if that applies anymore for gaming channels. other than that you don't need a network really until you get bigger ish

Stelios

King of Derps
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well small channels don't really need help to protect. Because they are small so these companies will never watch their videos

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
I got offered a great deal the other day from a Network (80/20 from a decent Network), but still I am saying no because I don't see the benefits for my channel. I do license out single videos which does work because those companies will really push that singular video out into the world. I signed a contract for a video that got 800 views but died out after 2 weeks, 2 days after I signed I am at 8500 views... That is worth 40% of the €1,00 I would have made on my own to me...

Stelios

King of Derps
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I got offered a great deal the other day from a Network (80/20 from a decent Network), but still I am saying no because I don't see the benefits for my channel. I do license out single videos which does work because those companies will really push that singular video out into the world. I signed a contract for a video that got 800 views but died out after 2 weeks, 2 days after I signed I am at 8500 views... That is worth 40% of the €1,00 I would have made on my own to me...
How do you license single videos for companies? I have never hear about this.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
How do you license single videos for companies? I have never hear about this.
They have always contacted me for this, but you can apply yourself if you want to. Some of these companies are: Break, Rumble, Storyful, Jukin Media... But they only work with videos that have the potential to go viral.

Stelios

King of Derps
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
They have always contacted me for this, but you can apply yourself if you want to. Some of these companies are: Break, Rumble, Storyful, Jukin Media... But they only work with videos that have the potential to go viral.
Oh i see. Thank you very much i really appreciate it! :D I the future that i will get even better quality and make more crazy videos, i will consider looking :D

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
Oh i see. Thank you very much i really appreciate it! :D I the future that i will get even better quality and make more crazy videos, i will consider looking :D
To have an idea, the video I have been contacted for are:
- Escape from cat circle trap!
- Choco the cat and origami paper birds
- Kitten tries to drink milk from owner's eye
- A kitten, 2 cats and a ball of string

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well small channels don't really need help to protect. Because they are small so these companies will never watch their videos
They don't need to watch the videos. They can use YouTube's Content ID system to automatically flag any copyrighted material that the videos have in them. This has happened in the past with games published by NCSoft but they kind of lightened up after they saw the player base of their MMOs slash rapidly in numbers.

Anyways, the general reason why small gaming channels join networks is so they don't have to deal with a lot of that stuff and get assistance with it.

rumble

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Rumble now accepts all videos (but distribution will be limited based on quality) :)