Reading out a passage from a book

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Just because you have ideas doesn't make them good ideas. Unfortunately, everyone wants to maximize profit while minimizing work and reality rarely works that way. Just because someone wants to do something doesn't mean they can.
that's true. I was thinking more along the lines of the notion of 'fair use'. Say if you love a book and you think its message is really powerful, you'd want to pay homage to it, genuinely want to share the positive energy with everyone, and you made this nice little video about it, not read out loud the entire thing, just a small part of a chapter, you'd think it would be "fair".
On another note I haven't received a reply to the email yet :p but that's probably largely due to the current season.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's true. I was thinking more along the lines of the notion of 'fair use'. Say if you love a book and you think its message is really powerful, you'd want to pay homage to it, genuinely want to share the positive energy with everyone, and you made this nice little video about it, not read out loud the entire thing, just a small part of a chapter, you'd think it would be "fair".
On another note I haven't received a reply to the email yet :p but that's probably largely due to the current season.
That's not how fair use works. Fair use has a very specific legal definition. You might want to look that up. And if you don't get a response, which you probably won't, that qualifies as a "no".

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If anybody's interested about this, they wrote back and said it would indeed violate the rights of the book etc etc... so that unfortunately I could not (even read but a page from the book).