Reaching 1,000 SUBS IN A YEAR! The Keys To Success

MATTERS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have reached this goal and had blown it out of the water on my previous channel reaching 1,500 subs by the end of my first year on YouTube. There's a few ways to ACTUALLY grow your channel faster than everyone else and here's what they are

1. Review yourself.
Think about why people would subscribe and what they like about your videos. Figure out what does well for you and do it in every video. Do a lot of different types of videos to see what sticks with your Audience.

2. Talk to your Community.
A lot of small YouTubers don't understand that even if you have a few subs you have a community. Talk to them, get them to join you on your other social media platforms. Build a strong solid community in the beginning. Talk to your community through videos specifically made for them. It will make them feel special to see a "thank to my subs" video.

3.Get Your Name Out There!
Get your name on as many videos, post, and places on the internet as possible.
Now this doesn't mean be on every social media, but you should use more than one. currently I use YouTube, Twitter, Sharree, and occasionally Facebook.

4. Collaboration is Key.
You can collaborate in tons of ways on YouTube and other social media platforms. Joining as many shoutout series videos as you can will give you a good chance to gain exposure. Using hashtags on twitter and Facebook will also help you find a bigger Audience. You can collaborate by making a video with another creator to share your fan base. Or just simply do a retweet for retweet, or @ for @, on twitter.

5. SET GOALS!
One of the MOST important things to do to consistently grow on YouTube is to set daily, weakly, monthly, and yearly goals. This will keep you motivated and on track to earn your first 1,000 subs. (Now keep in mind youtube is exponential growth. The more subs the more views, the more views the more subs etc.)
Setting goals are easy. just imagine where you want to be and do everything you can to be there. Always set big goals because even if you don't reach them you'll still do better than what you thought you could.
My goal by the end of the month is to reach 200 subs, which means I need 2 subs a day. Also make sure you right them down on paper, this is just a technique I found that works. By the end of the year I'm looking to be at 500 subs. Just keep working on reaching that goal. And always expand your goals. If you made 10 subs in a month. Make 20 the next month.

I believe you can do anything you set your mind to. You just have to put in the work to get there. And anytime you get down and don't think you can do YouTube come back and read this. Now go and and take over YouTube!

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not to be a d**k, but do you only have 300 subs – yet still made a guide for how to reach a 1000?

Edit: my eyes didn't read the first lines properly.

Last edited:

Hanne Verleysen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
4. Collaboration is Key.
You can collaborate in tons of ways on YouTube and other social media platforms. Joining as many shoutout series videos as you can will give you a good chance to gain exposure. Using hashtags on twitter and Facebook will also help you find a bigger Audience. You can collaborate by making a video with another creator to share your fan base. Or just simply do a retweet for retweet, or @ for @, on twitter.
Thanks for the advice!
What do you mean with shoutout series videos? Can you give any examples? Would be very helpful ^^

Not to be a d**k, but do you only have 300 subs – yet still made a guide for how to reach a 1000?
In the beginning he says he reached it on his previous channel, not the one he has now :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome man and BIG congrats:) number 4 (collabs) is for has been one of the best ways for me to grow my channel. I have been lucky enough to have a couple of my videos featured on much bigger and everytime there is instant growth (200 subs over night one time) Collabs is also my first advice for new Youtubers :up2:

PartTimePete

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Some great advice there! Will be trying to use these as I go along.

I think I need to look into the collaborations a lot more personally to help grow my channel. It's not all about quality videos & gameplay if no one is watching you

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SET GOALS!
One of the MOST important things to do to consistently grow on YouTube is to set daily, weakly, monthly, and yearly goals. This will keep you motivated and on track to earn your first 1,000 subs. (Now keep in mind youtube
I always do this, it really helps me stay motivated and keep my goals realistic so I don’t end up disappointed.