• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Reached 200 subscribers on my craft channel

Garima

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello friends,

I reached the 200 subscriber-mark yesterday. I have been on youtube for 3 months now, running a channel for craft tutorials. It gives me great joy to see people love my work, and excitedly wait for more.

In fact, the last video I put became the most watched video on my channel so far, gathering double the watch time of the previous best video. And, it gained me 35 new subscribers in 1 day, taking the subscriber count to 220! I am pretty overwhelmed by the response.

Now, on to the next target!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well done, keep up the good work. :)

Reactions: Garima

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely fantastic work! We are at similar subs so I’m just curious about how you promote :)? Do you use social media or anything else?

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Congratulations. You're almost at 300 already. That video is doing GREAT for you!

Garima

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely fantastic work! We are at similar subs so I’m just curious about how you promote :)? Do you use social media or anything else?
I have found several art & craft groups on facebook (about 20 or so). Just a quick search on Facebook helped me find them, and facebook also suggested a few groups.

In my craft tutorial videos, I show a demo of the end product in the beginning itself, and then start with the tutorial. So, every time I release a new video, I create another short video for facebook which only contains this demo. I then post it in these groups, along with a link to the full tutorial. I have found it to be quite effective because people can watch the crux of the video without leaving fb, and if it interests them enough, they can consciously decide to go to youtube.

Instead, if you just post a link, people would scroll past it (I myself do). No one wants to make the extra effort of clicking the link and leaving fb, without even knowing what could be in the video, when there are several interesting things in the feed. So, you have to show it to them, and let them decide for themselves. If the content is good, people do go over to youtube. And, they watch the videos longer and are more likely to subscribe.

This happens with me to some degree for every video, but the last video I put took it to another level. That video alone has brought 124 subscribers in the past 6 days, more than 2000 views so far (my first video to have a 'K' in the end, 2K), and has been watched for more than 8000 minutes. Just for context, the total watch time of my other 8 videos combined is about 7000 minutes. Also, in the fb groups, there were more than 1200 likes in one group alone, people have commented a lot, and some people have even expressed interest in buying the card.

Also, second thing which I try to follow is to make unique content, and tailor it for some upcoming festival or occasion. Of course, I draw inspiration from others, and do use some well-known and some not-so-well-known techniques, but I try to give it my unique style. People are more likely to notice something which is unlike 100s of other things (like Seth Godin says, ''Be a purple cow"). And they are more likely to search for festival-related crafts ahead of festivals.

So, these are the two things I follow currently, and they seem to be working well. I do have a few more strategies in mind, but I want to try them before mentioning them.

And yes, I reached 300 subscribers today. Going to write another milestone post :)[DOUBLEPOST=1536600548,1536600112][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just watched one of your videos, and enjoyed it! Funnily enough, I do not like pets (and my wife loves them), but I still enjoyed the video. That is some great work!

Also, can you share how you promote the videos?

Reactions: InTheDogHouse

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

And yes, I reached 300 subscribers today. Going to write another milestone post :)[DOUBLEPOST=1536600548,1536600112][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just watched one of your videos, and enjoyed it! Funnily enough, I do not like pets (and my wife loves them), but I still enjoyed the video. That is some great work!

Also, can you share how you promote the videos?
Thanks :) erm I don’t have any social media I have been visiting a few pet forums and Reddit. I go to other animal channels and make posts on there and that brings me a lot of views. Congrats on 300! I just hit 200 a hour or two ago :)