Re-do old videos?

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone

So I've been uploading some song covers to my channel for around 2 or so years now - but I'm thinking I would like to re-sing some of my older ones (Like the first few I uploaded to my channel) as I could do a much better job now-a-days

What would people say the best way of doing this is? Re-upload over the covers? Delete them and re-do them or keep up the old ones and re-do them anyway? Or just leave as is and find newer ones to do?

Thanks in advance?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey everyone

So I've been uploading some song covers to my channel for around 2 or so years now - but I'm thinking I would like to re-sing some of my older ones (Like the first few I uploaded to my channel) as I could do a much better job now-a-days

What would people say the best way of doing this is? Re-upload over the covers? Delete them and re-do them or keep up the old ones and re-do them anyway? Or just leave as is and find newer ones to do?

Thanks in advance?
I think remaking older videos can always be a great idea. Never hurts to refresh something that is outdated.

Leave the old ones up. It's a great way to show how far you've improved over the years. Some viewers like seeing that improvement. You can even discuss your older video in your new one and describe to your viewers how far you've come along. It'll make you much more personable.

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's a good idea especially if your ability is better now. Honestly I don't think people will make a big fuss about it.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I think it's not a bad idea. If it's singing like in your case, you can see if and in how far somebody improved his / her skills in the meantime. Maybe you can put a short part of your old video to the new one, so you have a comparison in one clip.

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it would be cool if you redid some of them because people would get to see a difference from the first one to the second. If you decide to do this then you should definitely keep up the old ones if you're proud of them and still like them!

Cooliits HR

Reaction score
It's a good idea. It shows your growth. If you've got better gear than before you might want to enhance some parts here and there or better yet do a "remix" cover version.