Rate my vlog (again) (with improvements now!)

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I posted some vlogs on here a week or so ago and got some really good tips and pointers as to how to improve. I've tried to implement them in this video as much as I can, what do you think?

Areas of focus are, editing, music, thumbnail, flow, and humour!

Reactions: Twothermal

RhysP

Reaction score
Great vlog! I really enjoyed it. It was fun, good flow, sound was flawless, good quality video. Keep it up!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey, The editing is fine, dynamic, you're a good host really still loving the humour, cool glasses !
I notice you look on the side of your camera and not directly in the eye, it would be more engaging for your audience if you did so. My two cents :)

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey, The editing is fine, dynamic, you're a good host really still loving the humour, cool glasses !
I notice you look on the side of your camera and not directly in the eye, it would be more engaging for your audience if you did so. My two cents :)

Yeah, good advice! Still getting used to recording with this new phone, I might put a bright coloured dot right next to the lense or something so I can focus on that instead of all the distracting screen next to it!

Twothermal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Good Evening Bro,

Absolutely loved the Vlog and your channel overall, honestly I found it near impossible to come up with something to nit pick on except for the fact that you looking at your phones screen instead of directly at the camera (as someone has already mentioned as well) the only other thing I can think of is that I feel it's a crime to not have more subs than you do for the wicked content you already putting out.

All I can say is Keep it up Bro!

Best regards,
Twothermal

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good Evening Bro,

Absolutely loved the Vlog and your channel overall, honestly I found it near impossible to come up with something to nit pick on except for the fact that you looking at your phones screen instead of directly at the camera (as someone has already mentioned as well) the only other thing I can think of is that I feel it's a crime to not have more subs than you do for the wicked content you already putting out.

All I can say is Keep it up Bro!

Best regards,
Twothermal
Thank you so much for the kind words, ot really means a lot! Going to work on the looking at the screen thing haha. Slowly getting used to it :p

Thank you again for this though, really made me smile this morning!

Twothermal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Thank you so much for the kind words, ot really means a lot! Going to work on the looking at the screen thing haha. Slowly getting used to it :p

Thank you again for this though, really made me smile this morning!
Always welcome Bro! I'm always here to support and love seeing people embrace their passions! Watch-out Brighton (and surrounding parts) You be having a upcoming home brewed version of Casey Niestat! Grab ya LARGER and make sure the only thing you be searching on YT is "CameraLizard" :D

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I'm super late to the party but just wanted to chime in to say great job, again. Very funny and engaging stuff.

The only thing I could think of stylistically is something that may or may not jive with your...well, style.

...But if you could find a creative way to change/insert the music, related clips, images, memes, etc. (but mostly music) to riff on the quips you make in the video, I think it'd be spicy. For example, a cheesy doomsday soundtrack and filter when you talk about the Eye looking apocalyptic. Or a clip from LOTR of The Eye of Sauron maybe?

Anyways, fun stuff.

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm super late to the party but just wanted to chime in to say great job, again. Very funny and engaging stuff.

The only thing I could think of stylistically is something that may or may not jive with your...well, style.

...But if you could find a creative way to change/insert the music, related clips, images, memes, etc. (but mostly music) to riff on the quips you make in the video, I think it'd be spicy. For example, a cheesy doomsday soundtrack and filter when you talk about the Eye looking apocalyptic. Or a clip from LOTR of The Eye of Sauron maybe?

Anyways, fun stuff.
I never wanted to use music in the traditional vlogging way, but I honestly never thought of using it in the way you just suggested! I'm totally gonna have a play around with that for future vlogs! See what I can come up with! Such a great idea :D