Rate my first photoshop cartoon

Them2GuysOFFICIAL

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Tyler Cartoon.jpg

I think it went okay give me my opinion if i should do more or if its to bad i should give up

Its Tyler The Creator BTW :D

WalrusTash

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like it, I'm guessing this a drawn over cartoon right? Take a photo as a reference and then draw over it? I like the style, however I think it wouldn't be too hard to add some basic cartoon shading, make your Photoshop brush 50% opacity with black and then draw over shaded areas as things like the nose, a lot of it's definition comes from shadows so it would be wise to add some shadows onto it, also means that if you use a cartoon for a later video thumbnail you could pose in more epic looking scenarios and be able to add more awesome lighting effects and what not. :p

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
it's looking good! :) maybe make the lines a bit thinker so they're more the size of the last one you did as cartoons normally have thinker outlines and such :)
and again maybe work with the pen tool to create the lines and curves? it looks to me as if you're doing it by hand?

Them2GuysOFFICIAL

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
it's looking good! :) maybe make the lines a bit thinker so they're more the size of the last one you did as cartoons normally have thinker outlines and such :)
and again maybe work with the pen tool to create the lines and curves? it looks to me as if you're doing it by hand?
No that was just my first try by myself and was absolutely terrible ahahaa
I like it, I'm guessing this a drawn over cartoon right? Take a photo as a reference and then draw over it? I like the style, however I think it wouldn't be too hard to add some basic cartoon shading, make your Photoshop brush 50% opacity with black and then draw over shaded areas as things like the nose, a lot of it's definition comes from shadows so it would be wise to add some shadows onto it, also means that if you use a cartoon for a later video thumbnail you could pose in more epic looking scenarios and be able to add more awesome lighting effects and what not. :p
Heres an update after i watched a couple of tutorials i think ive improved greatly :)Earl Cartoon.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1365256447,1365256414][/DOUBLEPOST]Tyler the creator cartoon.jpg

Reactions: Andi

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director

inkeater

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Commentator, Designer