Advertisement Rankify YouTube: Get MORE VIEWS WITH SEO! - "Philip's course is the best investment I've ever made"

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

As Seen On

My point (beyond humblebragging) is that Philip's course is the best investment for my YouTube channel I've ever made.
VIDEO REVIEWS

Video by ChillInKansai, on the course:

Video by forum member Douglas MacKrell, on the course:

I've written on these forums about SEO for YouTube before, and some of you may remember that a few months ago, I was looking for people willing to help me out with some case studies, from which I ended up working with SubjectSarah, ZaphodX, and Papa Derp Plays.

Since then, I've refined and fine tuned the techniques, into two courses I've chosen to call "Rankify YouTube", which teaches you SEO specifically for YouTube videos. The courses are meant for YouTubers, not marketers or SEO professionals, and explains everything from top to bottom, in very easy-to-understand terms. You can also read an interview about the course, on OnlineColleges, here.

Through short 5-10 minute lessons, streamed in fast HD, you're taken through everything you need to know about optimizing your YouTube video. Everything from an introduction to SEO and keyword research, to optimizing titles, tags, descriptions, annotations, video replies, and more, is covered! You don't need to be an IT expert or marketing genius to follow along - everything is covered, plain and simple.
FORUM MEMBER REVIEWS

This forums own SubjectSarah had this to say about the course:

My ears are burning!! :D

Yes Philip was kind enough to give me free access to the courses- I would like to vouch that I honestly found them excellent, and yes, I did tell Philip I was concerned that he was undervaluing his courses! :wub::D

I think the beginners one in particular is superb. If anyone would like to ask any questions that I might be able to help with, you're more than welcome to contact me, either privately or on this board.

But I will say that if you're thinking this could be a sure-fire way to get loads of views or go viral or anything like that, that's not what this is, and you'll set yourself up for disappointment if you think so. It's teaching how to learn SEO skills, specifically relating to YouTube videos, with a view to your videos hopefully becoming easier to find in the YT search results.

The sound and visual quality of Philip's videos are excellent, and I feel like he explains everything really well and in simple terms. I personally learned a lot!!! There's a lot of videos as well, just in the beginner section alone I took 9 pages of notes- lots of stuff I wanted to remember!

Regretfully, I've had to be away from the YouTuber world for a few weeks so haven't had the chance to implement the stuff from the course yet, but have got an insane amount of notes to implement as soon as I can, which I'm looking forward to. I think it will take a while to implement everything, but I think with this sort of thing you'll only get out of it what you put into it.

Like I say, if anyone wants to contact me, you're more than welcome to do so. :)
I have taken the advanced course as well, while I already know 60% of it through personnal research, the last 40% really helped me out !
I ranked on first page for "The Last os Us FR" and my video is just a week old ! My bioshock playthrough has gone from page 5 to 2 for "Bioshock infinite fr" and page 1 for "bioshock infinite fr pc"

I'll have to thank you a lot for this, ;)
I went through the entire advanced course, and I must say that it was really informative! I knew a lot of things from the beginner course, but it was nice to have everything explained in order to understand how it works through examples.
After going through the advanced guide, I found it very informative. I did already know some of the information just by doing research on the internet, but there are parts in the guide you won't find very easily by yourself on the internet. Overall I've found some of my videos that were optimized had slowly begun to get traffic through the YouTube search and YouTube recommendations, the biggest thing though is that the guide will point you in the right direction. Ultimately if you want your video to top the ranks in search, you will needs views, retention, and viewer interaction along with the proper SEO optimization for that to happen.

I would definitely recommend this guide for anyone who needs help for optimization, and if your new or just starting out on YouTube then this guide will be that much more important for you when you get started. Philip Zeplin has done his homework, and is quite knowledgeable as to how the system works. Best part is, if you have any questions he is there to answer them, and isn't very hard to reach.
Hey @Philip Zeplin and all those considering the course!

I just wanted to write one more time now that I've had the chance to update more of my videos for better SEO through the course guidelines. The one worry I had about the timing of my review was that I didn't have a huge amount of raw data to show the difference the course can make over time. I only had time to update 20 or so of my core videos and only showcase about a week and a half of metrics in the video - because that was all that was available at the time.

These metrics were pulled today from my account (Monday, September 30th 2013). Since my videos release I've had a chance to update more of my videos, and I'm still streamlining a bit every day.

As the green line shows, my average views have seen a huge increase of daily views. Sure, this average is skewed by some viral bubbles, but as the red line (showing the lows) displays - I've at least doubled my daily views so far, and I show no signs of slumping back to pre-SEOptimized daily numbers!

But what really showcases how powerful the course is - are my Traffic Sources metrics.

At my lows, my channel was averaging between 50-100 views (mostly around 70 or so) through direct YouTube search.

Now - after implementing the lessons I learned in the course - I've just about tripled those numbers on average!

My point (beyond humblebragging) is that Philip's course is the best investment for my YouTube channel I've ever made.
Hey, i just finished your advanced course on SEO, it was great, still a lot of work is in front of me in using it in its maximum potential, still feels quite chaotic, especially how to make use of it in over-saturated video types, but i've learned A LOT as well ;) So thx for making this :D
Rankify YouTube comes in two versions, aimed at different people:

USE COUPON: yttalk20advanced
FOR A 20% DISCOUNT ON THE ADVANCED COURSE

Use the code: YTTALK35AUGUST
FOR A 35% DISCOUNT DURING AUGUST

(You can get an additional 5% by sharing the course on social media, through the site)
Your course will instantly be available for streaming, after your purchase!

Pros:
Beginners Course is perfect for those completely new to SEO, and don't want to spend too much time optimizing their videos, not competing in any difficult niches. It explains what SEO is, and how to do it, and introduces you to the 3 most important things you should optimize (and how to do that): Titles, Descriptions, and Tags. Only costs $19.95!

Cons:
It doesn't contain all the details explained in Advanced, doesn't take full advantage of all things you can optimize, and might not be enough to maximize exposure in competitive topics.

Pros:
Advanced is for those that really want to take full advantage of YouTube, and maximize exposure to their videos. It teaches little tips and tricks that no one else uses, and explains to you how you can utilize them to skyrocket your rankings. It goes through all topics that are covered in Beginners Course, and adds on an additional 13 lessons! Best value for money.

Cons:
Requires time and dedication to implement. While everything is explained in detail, it does require you to use roughly 15-30 minutes per video, to optimize it to its fullest potential. Not suited for those not willing to put in effort to promote their YouTube channel.

--------------------
Rankify YouTube is NOT about:
  • ·Buying fake views
  • ·Getting massive instant view increases
  • ·Using AdWords for Video, Virool, or video advertising providers.
  • ·Using bots, or other automated software.
If you are looking for a way to get 100.000 views over night, or looking to drive country/age/gender specific views to a video, Rankify YouTube is not for you. In that case, AdWords for Video would be a much better solution. Rankify YouTube is about getting you continuous, organic, non-paid views to your videos, increasing over time. Rankify YouTube is not suitable for those looking, or needing, to dramatically increase view counts over night.
--------------------

You can see a public case study, involving BestInSlots videos here. BestInSlot was also kind enough to share it on his Facebook page.

Proven Methods - Continually Tested

Rankify YouTube is the product of 6 months of testing, case studies, and investigation. It is a the final conclusion, after testing on over 20 different videos, spread out over 5 different YouTube channels.

One of the first tests and case studies done, was with the user "ChillInKansai", who saw an explosive 3913% increase in views, after implementing the methods taught in Rankify YouTube! Before optimizing the video, it was getting an average of 1.5 views a day - after being optimized, a massive average of 44 a day!

And that's not a unique example! A video by KantoKitsune (Pokemon Stores Tokyo) has gone from 200 views over 6 months, to over 1000 views in 40 days!

Video optimization also works for smaller channels (with, relative to channel size, smaller starting results). A video by SubjectSarah, "How to: Be a Supervillain or an Evil Genius (Tutorial)", currently sits as her channels most watched video, and has recieved an average of 476.9% more views than other videos she released the same month.

YouTube Insights and Analytics
Below is the insight analytics of two my videos. They are part of the same series, uploaded with roughly 1 month apart, share same quality and topic. One has been optimized, the other has not.
Optimized Video:
UN-Optimized Video:
NovelConcept also has a 7 Days Refund Policy, if you feel the course has been falsely advertised.

Apologies for the somewhat whacky looking thread - the forum code isn't exactly made for setting up pretty pages with images!​

If you have any questions/issues, please just leave a reply here, and I'll get right back to you!

Last edited:

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Seems....interesting.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Seems....interesting.
It does, doesn't it!
At least to my knowledge, it's the only course of it's kind on the web (not counting, of course, various free videos or blog posts by various channels).
As far as I know, this is not only the first genuine, structured, video course for YouTube SEO, but it's also the only one, including various free channels, which is founded in tests and case studies.

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I might be interested in trying it out.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I might be interested in trying it out.
Afraid I can't give out any more review copies than I already have, but with the 35% discount from YTTalk, the Beginners course only cost $13, which I think is pretty cheap for 1½ hours of video lessons. (SubjectSarah's review in this thread, while she also left one for the Advanced course, which you can find on my website, is for the Beginners course)

Looking at your channel, it could certainly be optimized way more. That said, you are a relatively new channel (only 2 months old, which counts as a negative in SEO), with roughly the same amount of views on videos, as SubjectSarah was. As such, I would (and this is not a guarantee, just an educated guess) assume that your videos would go from their current 0-2 views per day (you're "Yoshi's Island" video), to somewhere around 10'ish views per day. Though, since you upload videos far more regularly than SubjectSarah did/does, it's possible you might more lean towards the results ChillInKansai did, with 45'ish views per day for the video.

It's impossible to say exactly, since it depends on the quality of the video, it's "sharebility", and, of course, how popular a topic it is (if no one is searching for it, well, you're ranking 1st for a term no one is looking for).