Random View & Sub Spike?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So recently, I've gotten a random spike in views and subscribers.
I haven't uploaded a video in months, and I noticed recently that I got a random sub boost. I've been stuck around 640 subs for months now, and I've recently gotten like a 10 sub boost.
In addition to that, a relatively old video of mine got a random boost of around 100 views in the past month. Does anyone know why that might've happened?

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had older ish videos that I posted over a month ago take off. From what I was looking into it was because they got put as a suggested video on a video that is currently getting decent views. That is actually alot of why my channel has been gaining traction.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check you view history or
It is possible someone placed you video on their Webpage and that why your getting the increased views and subs

JDubTheGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What was the video about? Could it have been about something that just didn't get much attention at first?

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I had the same thing happen to one of my videos. I was happy about it and didn't question it at the time. Later when I got TubeBuddy I was able to see if the video had been shared on any social media and it turns out one of my Time-Lapse videos was shared by a Twitter Bot that was dedicated to posting time-Lapse videos. I wish the account had more followers but it still gave some cool exposure.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s great! I’ve experienced this all rime with my older videos, youtube keeps adevising my very first hot topic haul so it rules hundreds of new views every month.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I had the exact same thing happen twice in the last 2 months. In april I jumped from 50 to 75 in the space of 36 hours (Considering I normally get 2 subs a month I nearly had a heart attack...it was nice to actually be able to use Social blade's live tracker for once xD) and then at the end of May I jumped from 75 to 85 over 24 hours which again was very welcome xD...im getting so close to 100. It almost hurts! I checked my external posting history and my view counters but nothing really seemed all that out of the ordinary...I have to assume I just got lucky and 30-40 odd people who watched my videos all decided to instantly sub...which...I mean...im not complaining!

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, same thing happened to one of my videos. Literally. I posted it around a year ago and it didn't get much attention until MONTHS later. I have trouble having my videos reach even 1k views, but this video is almost at 1 MILLION views! It's really weird haha!