Random channels stealing monetisation.

Coshi360Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just got a copyright claim on one of my old videos for use of video game footage (I used some footage from a sony E3 trailer). I wouldn't have cared at all about the claim at all except for the fact that the person who claimed it is some random person who doesn't own the footage either and uploaded the footage 5 days ago when my video that used that same footage was done a month ago. Just goes to show just how flawed youtubes copyright system is. Anyone else had this happen to them before?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Dispute it. If you dispute the claim you will likely win, we got targeted by some random Korean company for some music in a game.

Thing is we had written consent from the devs to use the music/game footage BECAUSE THE VIDEO WAS SPONSORED yet the guy still tried to claim it.

Reactions: Jes

Coshi360Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dispute it. If you dispute the claim you will likely win, we got targeted by some random Korean company for some music in a game.

Thing is we had written consent from the devs to use the music/game footage BECAUSE THE VIDEO WAS SPONSORED yet the guy still tried to claim it.
Yeah I reckon I will and it looks like the whole channel who did it is just set up to steal monetisation from others.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah I reckon I will and it looks like the whole channel who did it is just set up to steal monetisation from others.
Yeah, you should be able to dispute it just type clearly and explain it is in fair use.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I heard Onision was doing that just recently with people calling him out! Some even had evidence that Onision deleted a video and re uploaded it after a guy made a commentary video on it, and still claimed the commentary video!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I heard Onision was doing that just recently with people calling him out! Some even had evidence that Onision deleted a video and re uploaded it after a guy made a commentary video on it, and still claimed the commentary video!
Yeah onision did that to Mike n actor and joy sparkles, social repose, jacolen Glenn! You can get in big trouble for makeung false copyright claims on videos, YouTube warns everyone that if they are falsely accusing people of copyright that person can get banned from YouTube and won't be able to make another channel.