Quick question

12345mike6789

Reaction score
I made a video about a office desk I built but you can clearly see the apple logo. (its currently private) Not entirely sure if I can monetize this or not. I don't think it is okay but I just want to be sure. I'm a builder and make how to videos and also am wondering if I need to cover the brand name of the tools I use.
Just last week I made a few videos with imovie loops, the license says it is okay to use commercially but the loops cant be played on a stand alone bases. So now all of a sudden yt wants all this information and now all my videos need to be approved so that's not good, I removed all the last 5 vid's I made with this music but one that I'm seeing if they accept it or not. I don't want to loose my adsense account. I want to be more professional. I have over 4k subs 400,000 video views, 100+ vid's.
As far as the vid I have with the apple computer I think Ill re shoot all that just to be safe. I know a channel that is always showing tools and brand names so...
Any feed back would be great, thank you everybody, Mike

WhereMyLaLasAt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I'm aware theres absolutely no reason for you not to use branded stuff in your videos, theres no copyright issues regarding it (I believe?) at the end of the day it's free promotion for the company and who doesn't love that?

12345mike6789

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware theres absolutely no reason for you not to use branded stuff in your videos, theres no copyright issues regarding it (I believe?) at the end of the day it's free promotion for the company and who doesn't love that?

I looked everywhere I could on the web and only found 1 instance here on this site that a guy made a video and it showed a brand and his vid was not accepted to monetize. I read all of yt's term's and conditions and I think that falls under the part where they speak about logo's. I removed all images in my garage work shop where I usually record just to be safe. I didn't post that many vid's in 8 months due to computer related issues and now I'm back and am going to take my content to the next level. I recorded everything I did as far as project's go and now have so much to edit and upload. I'm just a dude that likes to build and edit but lately my revenue has increased so much I cant believe it and that has inspired me. I got a imac for editing, yt doesn't like the music though, the computer sat for8 month because I really didn't like it after I got it. I was about to get a new ivy bridge computer 2 weeks ago but before that I gave the apple another go and I have to say its alright, as long as my vid's get approved for revenue sharing...
Its funny because after not uploading on a regular basis my audience has left so it will be a while before I build that back up. Thank's for that wheremylalasat. Hopefully that is the case. Anybody have any links of direct info on this????/ THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP =) Mike