quick question about background music

magpie

Reaction score
hey so i've never uploaded anything before but there was this one animation that i want to upload soon? it's just a little fan piece for an anime that i like, but it's not the anime that im concerned about. the song i wanted to use in the background is My Whole Family by Bo Burnham. i've seen a lot of other videos of a similar nature that use this song. but i just wanted to be a little extra cautious i guess. i wouldnt be using the ENTIRE song but a pretty large portion of it. it there anything i have to be careful about or am i just worrying too much?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
same question different day but happy to help 1. It does not matter what someone else is doing. It bears absolutely no relevance as to right whats right. 2. No you definitely cannot use that song.
Others might go unnoticed for a while- but thats all thats happening when others use copyright material. It catches up with them at some point. No point working hard on your video if it gets taken down.
You can seek permission from the IP owner. Or for no hassle just use stuff from the creator studio provided by youtube.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Also as there is no Fair Use Doctrine under Japanese Copyright Law, you will be in danger as much from the anime itself as from the video. I would try to get permission to create a derivative work; but you may well need to pay for the privilege by buying a license.