Quick Adsense Question

TOP 5 ALLTIME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hi everyone I'm new here and I had a fairly simple question I'm sure one or two of you could answer. So recently I signed up for google adsense and now making money on my videos. My question is when I go to my adsense page and look at my amount made I know the estimated earnings will be $0 for a while from what I read but my total earning is the question. So lets say I made $100 today, will I be getting $100 or will I be getting $60? I know youtube/google takes a 40% cut of the money but was wondering is the before or after in my total earnings.

Thanks

Reactions: Sk Jony

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google takes a portion of your earnings yes, but you will still have to pay more money to the government ( Don't quote me, this is just what I comprehended from the AdSense Page ) for everything you earn. This is why they say you must be 18+ to sign up because you will have to pay taxes on your earnings just like any other business.

Reactions: Sk Jony

TOP 5 ALLTIME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Google takes a portion of your earnings yes, but you will still have to pay more money to the government ( Don't quote me, this is just what I comprehended from the AdSense Page ) for everything you earn. This is why they say you must be 18+ to sign up because you will have to pay taxes on your earnings just like any other business.
Hi, Yes I knew about that but what I was asking about that I cant seem to find online anywhere is when I go to my google adsense page I am greeted with both estimated earnings and total earnings. My estimated earnings are $0 which they should be right now since I recently made my account but by total earning for a given number. Example, lets say I have $100 in total earnings today and don't make any more for the rest of the month. When the next month comes will I receive a deposit for exactly what the total earnings said they would be or will it 60% of what my total earning are. Thanks

Update: I included a picture below of what Im talking about, I removed the amount in there but lets say it said $100 there would I get 60% of $100 so a total of $60 or will I get it all the whole $100

Attachments

Zesty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, Yes I knew about that but what I was asking about that I cant seem to find online anywhere is when I go to my google adsense page I am greeted with both estimated earnings and total earnings. My estimated earnings are $0 which they should be right now since I recently made my account but by total earning for a given number. Example, lets say I have $100 in total earnings today and don't make any more for the rest of the month. When the next month comes will I receive a deposit for exactly what the total earnings said they would be or will it 60% of what my total earning are. Thanks

Update: I included a picture below of what Im talking about, I removed the amount in there but lets say it said $100 there would I get 60% of $100 so a total of $60 or will I get it all the whole $100
Ah, the total earnings should be what you earn. So the $100 would be $140, meaning google has taken their $40 already. This would be the reasonable answer for Google's revenue and your own.

TOP 5 ALLTIME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
But
Ah, the total earnings should be what you earn. So the $100 would be $140, meaning google has taken their $40 already. This would be the reasonable answer for Google's revenue and your own.
But google takes 40% not $40. So saying this if my total earnings for the month are exactly $100 would google have took their 40% before or after. Because on my YouTube page is tremendously less then google adsense is saying I'm going to make.

Zesty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But

But google takes 40% not $40. So saying this if my total earnings for the month are exactly $100 would google have took their 40% before or after. Because on my YouTube page is tremendously less then google adsense is saying I'm going to make.
It's confusing and my math was horridness there but they should give you YOUR earnings already taking their share.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
But

when you get $100, google gets $66,6666 (that makes a $166,66 total) and what you see is after google takes its cut

Last edited:

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
when you get $100, google gets $66,6666 and you see your earnings all the time, after Google takes its part
This is completely wrong.
The amount shown is after calculating in the piece YouTube takes.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
This is completely wrong.
The amount shown is after calculating in the piece YouTube takes.
that's what I said, but I also wanted to correct the percentage @Zesty caltulated, when you see $100, it's after google takes their $66,66, so the full earnings (before google takes its part) are $166,66

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
that's what I said, but I also wanted to correct the percentage @Zesty caltulated, when you see $100, it's after google takes their $66,66, so the full earnings (before google takes its part) are $166,66
Your percentage is wrong though, YouTube doesn't take that much, they take 40%.

Reactions: Zesty