Questions about eye-catching titles..

Y0lo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wondering: I read on a book by some decent YouTube consultant that in order to get views and consequently subscribers, I need to craft very interesting, eye-catching titles.

What I don't understand is, I don't think that people are going to type exactly the title that are eye-catching.

Here are a few examples:

The title of this video is: Why Would You Put That On The Internet.

Seriously, back in the time, who in the world would type in the YouTube search bar exactly that, or even something remotely close?

I get the point that if they SEE this video on the YouTube page, then there would be a good change they will click it. But with a title like that, how will it be discovered in the first place? Is it through the keywords in description and tags?

Your help is really appreciated!

SimplyDotaYT

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That title sounds like a good clickbait title and the sort of thing I'd see popular YouTubers use, however you're right that it needs to be somewhere that somebody would see it in the first place. A title like that would intrigue in the subscription feed or the suggested videos but if you don't have the audience to begin with I'm not sure how effective it would be. A snappier alternative I can think of would be "Weird Internet Discoveries" although I'm not sure how effective that would be as a search engine result.
Keywords and tags are always good too of course, don't forget those!