Questionabout Channel Trailer .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I realize that I first had to,upload the video I'm using as my channel trailer. Is there a setting somewhere so that it does not show up anywhere but in the video trailer window?

I would prefer it not showing up anywhere else!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^_^

Reactions: Crown

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is there a setting somewhere so that it does not show up anywhere but in the video trailer window?
The only thing I can think off is keeping the video public, but placing it in a private playlist. Though I'm not sure if you then can still select it as your channel trailer. Or maybe make the video unlisted, but again, I'm not sure if you can select it as a trailer if it is not public. Play around with some settings, I'd say ;)

Reactions: KatyAdelson
Reaction score
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^_^
Katy:
When you say your going to move my post to "The Main YouTube discussion forum" , is that the name of the forum, "Main YouTube Discussion Forum"? ..... Probably not!

So, for the benefit of those who are new here, in the future, can you please say, "I've moved your post to the correct forum. The name of the forum I have moved it to is called XXXXXXXX." That way, the user can be very clear as to exactly where you moved it! But, if all you say is "The Main YTalk Discussion Forum" then someone new like me will be lost to know where to look for replies!

Understand?

Thank You!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Katy:
When you say your going to move my post to "The Main YouTube discussion forum" , is that the name of the forum, "Main YouTube Discussion Forum"? ..... Probably not!

So, for the benefit of those who are new here, in the future, can you please say, "I've moved your post to the correct forum. The name of the forum I have moved it to is called XXXXXXXX." That way, the user can be very clear as to exactly where you moved it! But, if all you say is "The Main YTalk Discussion Forum" then someone new like me will be lost to know where to look for replies!

Understand?

Thank You!

Hello. I am the admin here. Since you have made this a public "issue", I will reply publicly.

@KatyAdelson description is very clear as to where the thread was moved. You clearly found it or you wouldn't have posted the above quote so what's your point? There is only one sub-forum that it could be. As an aside, mods don't even need to post that the thread has been moved (because the forum software also sends an alert - see point 2 below) but we do it as an extra service. Maybe you could have thanked her for this extra service instead of complaining about nothing?

But let's just assume that even after Katy's post, it's still not clear to you. There are 2 other very easy and obvious ways of knowing where it was moved:

1) You can read the name of the current forum at the top of this page. Scroll up and read.
(I have highlighted the name of the forum in RED. I hope that you can see it ok? Tell me if that's not clear)

2) When threads are moved, an alert is sent automatically to the thread starter. You would have received that alert via the "flag" icon top-right of the screen. The list is here -> http://yttalk.com/account/alerts In fact that alert is probably how you found it again. You received the alert, you clicked and here you are. That wasn't so hard was it?

___

@Dutchie in England very kindly took the time to reply to your question and made a very good suggestion. Instead of thanking her, (or even acknowledging her reply) you chose to completely ignore her, instead preferring to have a moan about something extremely trivial. Maybe that's something for you to think about in the future....

Status
Not open for further replies.