Question Regarding YouTube Algorithm

prodbyprofi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not sure if this is in the correct topic, but I had a question regarding the algorithm so to speak. My channel was originally a gaming channel for many years. I ended up growing a substantial amount in 2016, going from 100 subs to just over 3k. I discontinued making videos for a year or two, and recently, I've been uploading my beats that I make for music. I noticed when I was using a different channel, that my results were around the same as my big channel, if not slightly better. Would uploading gaming for a period of time affect my results uploading music based content even after fulling re branding and privating all of my old videos? If it affects the algorithm, I'd rather start with a smaller channel and actually get the results I should, over struggling and making 10 cents a video on my big channel that's outputting for gaming. I had the feeling that the algorithm may be broadcasting my channel to gamers rather than people who are looking for music. I do tag my videos full relevant to music. I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Thanks

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Your subscribers subbed to you for gaming; if you are now posting music beats, then those subscribers are not going to interact/engage as much with the new content --> that is a negative signal for the algorithm

prodbyprofi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Your subscribers subbed to you for gaming; if you are now posting music beats, then those subscribers are not going to interact/engage as much with the new content --> that is a negative signal for the algorithm
I mean, my subscribers are constantly dropping as expected, but for the most part my stats are slightly increasing post privating all the old videos. But you do believe the algorithm may not be in my favor in comparison to my small channel that has 100 subs as was music originally?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I mean, my subscribers are constantly dropping as expected, but for the most part my stats are slightly increasing post privating all the old videos. But you do believe the algorithm may not be in my favor in comparison to my small channel that has 100 subs as was music originally?
Probably. Hard to say definitively.