Question on Monetization...

Magic_Soap

Reaction score
Quick question; I run two youtube channels with a friend, does anyone have experience with running a channel with someone else, and how did you manage any revenue?

Russ Catalano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a channel with a friend, his AdSense. Just have clear written out and signed terms on what the revenue share will be. After that it's all fun. It would be a lot less stress to just have another form of revenue for you something like he keeps AdSense and you get to link back to your channel in every description and give out a Netflix code or something. That way it's fair and the tax man stays away if you get really big. Best of luck!

Magic_Soap

Reaction score
I have a channel with a friend, his AdSense. Just have clear written out and signed terms on what the revenue share will be. After that it's all fun. It would be a lot less stress to just have another form of revenue for you something like he keeps AdSense and you get to link back to your channel in every description and give out a Netflix code or something. That way it's fair and the tax man stays away if you get really big. Best of luck!
Thanks, we both have access to the account, but I do 99% of the video filming and editing. I'm guessing I could convince him to give me all of the revenue (it's not like it is going to be much for the time being!)

Russ Catalano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks, we both have access to the account, but I do 99% of the video filming and editing. I'm guessing I could convince him to give me all of the revenue (it's not like it is going to be much for the time being!)
Who's AdSense is it? If it's yours the best option might be to just keep going. If it's his you have a few options. You can make a new channel with your adsense if this one isn't well established yet. You can ask him if you can transfer the channel from his adsense to yours. Or you can just ask him for the checks but that NEVER goes well if you get a boost in views one month.

Magic_Soap

Reaction score
Who's AdSense is it?
We haven't set it up yet, which is why I was wondering whether there is a way to split the profits from adsense. Our channel is shared, in that he is credited as half of the project.

Russ Catalano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We haven't set it up yet, which is why I was wondering whether there is a way to split the profits from adsense. Our channel is shared, in that he is credited as half of the project.
You can set the AdSense up as a partnership I believe, there can only be one YouTube owner though. I've had a few partnership channels but none that got close to a Google check. I think you should talk it over with him and see what he thinks.

Reactions: Magic_Soap

Magic_Soap

Reaction score
Channel ownership isn't the issue, but if AdSense does let us do that, this will be the solution. Thanks!

Russ Catalano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Channel ownership isn't the issue, but if AdSense does let us do that, this will be the solution. Thanks!
I believe there is a section to chose partnership in the Tax Info. section.