[Question] Is it normal for every monetized video to get '!'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And hmm, starting to think I should check out networks.
See if you can find a way to make your presentations without any music.
I wouldn't jump into the arms of a network thinking that all your problems would be solved.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
See if you can find a way to make your presentations without any music.
I wouldn't jump into the arms of a network thinking that all your problems would be solved.
This is very clever. Follow this advice.

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks. I understand what you're saying completely. Only probably with that would be tha I would be putting my friends private information out there. I doubt he would be very happy with me airing our personal skype conversation to anyone who looks.

And hmm, starting to think I should check out networks.
you can blur his information or cover it with something, just leave visible what it needs to be visable..

csgsu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
havent had that issue yet but also havent used music of any kind

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try that. I mean, not using music would be the last resort, because I really like the flow that the music adds to the videos. It just helps the commentary feel less dry. And its only one song with a repeated beat. I asked them a question when i submitted my appeal, but they just enabled it, and didnt say anything. Im not getting many views yet, since this is my 3rd video, but i'm scared that i'll be getting like a few thousand in the first few days and not one monetizable view. Would be such a waste.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It pisses me off. Sometimes my rants/reviews get the ! thing even though the video is just me talking. That's it. No music, no pics, even the pics based on the movies are pics of ME and not of the actual movie. I usually send them that and they just leave the video stuck in that 'youtube is thinking about it' mode forever.

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Damn...sorry to hear they play around with you so much. Thats a real shame.

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Gah..Last week I had no music. Quick easy monetization. But everyone wanted music (as did I). So, used the music i had permission to use, and again...same s**t.
What do popular youtubers do when they have their friends music and whatnot? I doubt they're content with losing possibly the first 2 days of money due to sending the EXACT SAME CONTRACT EVERY WEEK. Im linking, have names everywhere...i dont get what im doing wrong. Maybe im missing some words in the description?

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Reviving my own thread so I dont have to make a new one.

Aw man... I thought I got past the problem, guys! Everything was looking good. I blurred out my friends personal information and just showed some of mine. Posted our contract in the description of the video then removed after the video got approved. It worked so quickly! I was really happy. Then i uploaded this weeks video. Contract right there in the description - telling yt staff to look. Nothing... I wait , then bam '!'
I almost flipped my table. The contract says, any of his songs, in perpetuity... What more do they want from me? This feels like some weird bullying. Or maybe they just dont care to actually look. I never thought it would be this hard to use my PERSONAL FRIENDS music. I can't have him signing contracts every week.

I feel bad too. This is my quickest viewed video so far, and I'm not getting even 1 monetized view. Which really bugs me. I know i'm not big yet, and its not going to pay my bills or something. But i'm worried about the future. Because my audience is growing. Who knows if i'll be doing well enough to live, but then what? I'll make $0 on a really good video because youtube cant get their s**t together? I'm wondering if I should even waste anymore time, or if its even worth trying with these guys. Why do they keep flagging my music???

Status
Not open for further replies.