[Question] Is it normal for every monetized video to get '!'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
try putting something like this and see if this helps "song name by friends name is licensed under a CC Attribution 3.0"

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We used to have this same problem. Even worse, our videos would just get stuck as "Pending Review" half of the time and never monetized! It was very frustrating working on a video all week then upload it, getting a majority of your views in the first two days, and not getting any of that money. A few things that worked for me:
  • Upload the video first and put it unlisted. Add your contract and information in the description before monetizing. I had to play around a lot with the wording. I have no idea if it made a difference, but I think it did. For example, I'd upload it saying "Royalty Free Music Provided by: XXX. Licensing: XXX.com" I once spent the whole day experimenting, uploading and re-uploading the same video with different descriptions. Sometimes it monetized instantly, other times it wouldn't. So I would make sure you try this yourself.
  • You can also upload a week (or few days) early, work out all your monetization issues, then go "public" once it solved. It will still show up in your subscribers feed as a new video posted on the day you went public.
  • I did notice though, as we uploaded more, it started happening less frequently for us. So hopefully that will be case with you as well.
  • This would occasionally work for me too: If it didn't go through, put the video unlisted, remove all information (Change the title, remove the description, tags, etc). Turn off monetizing, log out of your account and wait about 10 mins. Then log back in and just turn on Monetization. I have had some success doing this.
  • Lastly, once we finally joined a network, we didn't have this problem any more. We are allowed to just "Claim" our videos without any question (which has been a huge timesaver and relief).
I know how frustrating this is. I remember crossing my fingers every week and hoping that it would work. Hopefully these help. Good luck.

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thanks so much both of you.

Tylor, i was actually running around trying to figure out if a video would show up if I uploaded it as private or not, so thank you for answering that. Id much rather do that.
Thats fantastic advice! And yeah, i'm still network shopping. We'll see what I decide. Thanks a lot!

Seage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well... I took all of your advice. (except for uploading early). I put the contract at the top of my description this time, in all caps and whatnot. Ignored again...now im going to send them the same info. And make not ever 1 cent, lol.

Im going for a partnership or quitting, lol.

Reactions: portiz

TooBIG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Reviewer
I had this happen to myself with my intro music. It was created by myself. They sent an email that I replied too and they asked for very specific info like artist, composer, what program was used to make the music, a link to their licensing agreement for commercial use. After do all of that they sent me an email saying all clear and gave me a code # to keep handy in case it ever happened again then I could send then that code # and they would look it up. I'm fully partnered now and havent had any issues since. The funny thing is I have like 20 videos before I even got the notice with my intro in the video and there were already monetized. I think they have a automatic QC type thing that just pings for music. I know lately they have been cracking down as they don't want to be sued either..

Buck

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont think thats normal, how odd.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This thread is from 2013, so I've locked it to prevent confusion about which members are still active on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.