Question for All Youtubers, What make you join Youtube ?

rsaguitarcover

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi all, aI have acouple of questions to ask :

1st, what make you decide to join youtube and why ?

2nd, and what do you want to achieve ?

I'll share my thoughts after hearing around 10 thoughts.

AYRENvids

I need to stop caring too much.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, at first I joined youtube because my online friends from around the world wanted to see me and hear my voice, so I made two videos for them. Then, about 6 months after that and after being inactive, I actually started thinking that why not? Why not start an actual channel? Besides I had nothing to do in my free time, I was always bored, and had too much time in my hands in general. So I went from there.

I'm hoping youtube will open up new opportunities for me and I'm also hoping it'll help me become more confident. I am a very shy person in real life, and youtube is my way to express myself as I find opening up to people really hard.
And since I started posting my videos on facebook, people that knew nothing about me before, know more now, because on my channel I can express my opinions and thoughts on things :)
I might also come across as cold or not caring in real life to some people, since I don't socialize much - through youtube I can show people that I am not like that at all.

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
1) Technically speaking, I joined youtube twice from my perspective. Originally I joined because I'd been on holiday to Florida and caught the flu during the swine flu scare a few years back, so I got quarantined to my bedroom. Seeing I got bored I dabbled in making music videos out of game trailers, which I decided to upload. After I got better I pretty much abandoned my channel until I bought God Of War III, which I decided to record myself playing after I 100%ed it but didn't want to stop playing, so it gave me an excuse to play through it one last time.
2) To make a shitload of money :p. Seriously though, I don't really aim to achieve anything. If one person watches one of my videos and thinks "this person is alright" that's enough for me. But a shitload of money would be nice.

Patrick Harris

You see what I did there?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just love making videos, and my long term goal is to make partner and eventually make a living doing what I love to do

OriginalFaceless

13 Year Old Filmmaker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
1- I joined youtube when i was 11 because i was really into filmmaking and things to do with that and I really wanted to share it somewhere other than facebook as facebook is limited to the people who view it. So I got friends together and we made a little clan type thing and then wow today we our on 71 subs and counting its amazing how we came from a camera phone to full HD camcorders!
2- I want to achieve 100 subs by christmas!

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi all, aI have acouple of questions to ask :

1st, what make you decide to join youtube and why ?

2nd, and what do you want to achieve ?

I'll share my thoughts after hearing around 10 thoughts.
What made me join youtube well I had made a couple of videos in 2006 and I deleted them. Then I started watching vlogs a year or so ago. So I just decided to give them a try and see what would happen. And a great way for me to document and share my life with others.

What I want to achieve is to be able to make people have a better day from watching one of my Vlogs and to show others that its possible to start from the bottom and make it to the top. Also to make it to the front page of youtube regularly

George Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I joined to get short films put out in some location and to practice making films and having them seen.

Rizzwizz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I joined YouTube in probably 2006 that's when I started a band and I needed to upload my band's covers and performances videos to reach out to our fans and promote ourselves. YouTube was and has been a great platform for that for sure. Later on down the road when my passion for film-making and cameras got real serious.. by then YouTube was a perfect gallery for all kind of artist. Not just to showcase your talent but also to make money off it. Probably the best way to make money off your many skills.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
1) I have always wanted to make films. Now I do, and YouTube lets me share them with anyone and everyone.
2) I want to entertain people, preferably a lot of people.