Question about Visual content Copyright

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I made a review/Prediction video about the Mid-Season Finale of The Flash, I posted it a few days go, and today I just got a copyright strike on it, Now it states that the video can be on my site just that I can't monetize it, Now granted it only has 59 views, But I thought when using pictures/a 10 sec clip for and criticizing and talking about the show it would be under fair use, or am I incorrect? The video is still on my page if you guys want to see if I'm under fair use.

My Apologize if this post should have been posted into the Review Section, figured since it had to do with copyright I'd posted it here, More than welcome to move it if need be

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys!!!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm not the best guy to answer this, but it seems like it falls under fair use for sure. Might've just been picked up by auto detection. You should definitely appeal it.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, YouTube's automated systems kinda shoot first, ask questions later with those things. Fair use routinely gets disregarded by YT, so as Kush said you should definitely appeal, but fair use is a very common problem, and many creators, big and small, have been fighting a losing battle for years, so your mileage may vary..

Some rights holders are a lot more heavy-handed than others with claiming videos that use their footage. Warner Brothers is kinda notorious for being overzealous with copyright striking, so it's kinda no surprise you're experiencing this...

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Automated claims don't take Fair Use into account. It is up to the uploader to determine if it is before uploading. If it is, then dispute it. The copyright owner may disagree, but that doesn't mean it isn't Fair Use. They usually don't care about your rights and won't change their mind even if it clearly is Fair Use. That's why the appeal process and counter-notifications are available.

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
a few of my friends that make youtube videos have told me the same thing. Thanks for the Feedback everyone!!