Question about tagging.

Atemporality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Before I got into making Youtube videos, which has been that long at all, my online presence was very minimal. I never posted anything, no tweets, no Instagrams, barely any Facebook, so I know very little about tagging system. That being said, this may be very newb questions, but I was hoping someone can clear this up for me.

For example, when using tag for something like "siberian husky", is there ever need to use another tag for "husky" separately?
I understood as there was no need for the second tag of "husky" because first one already contains that word. Is that right?

Also, should I use tags on this website? Does it matter if I don't?

lol jeez I hope this is not such a newb question that I'm confusing you guys XD
Thanks in advance

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy discussion forum. :)

I'm not sure about YouTube tags... As for using tags on YTtalk, I don't think they do all that much. They may help with our own SEO and such, but I haven't noticed much of a benefit from them for now...

Atemporality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks. I thought I was at right part of the forum. Doh!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Ive heard that your title and description are the most important things for SEO, although I always use plenty of tags too. Apparently "long tail tags" are the most effective, so "how to train a Siberian husky", and "Siberian husky playing with a bone" would be more effective than shorter tags such as "Siberian husky" and "husky".

Don't worry about using the same word twice. I do it all the time since all of my videos are talking about yachts, so the word "yacht" appears over and over again in the tags.

Reactions: PictureFIT

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Some info about ..."about tags" :p

support.google.com/youtube/search?q=tags&count=24

If you wish you might check "Best practices for metadata" one.

so the word "yacht" appears over and over again in the tags.
eh...
support.google.com/youtube/forum/AAAAiuErobURyn5pHqNses?hl=en

Reactions: Atemporality

TinkABee

Reaction score
Before I got into making Youtube videos, which has been that long at all, my online presence was very minimal. I never posted anything, no tweets, no Instagrams, barely any Facebook, so I know very little about tagging system. That being said, this may be very newb questions, but I was hoping someone can clear this up for me.

For example, when using tag for something like "siberian husky", is there ever need to use another tag for "husky" separately?
I understood as there was no need for the second tag of "husky" because first one already contains that word. Is that right?

Also, should I use tags on this website? Does it matter if I don't?

lol jeez I hope this is not such a newb question that I'm confusing you guys XD
Thanks in advance
Good question, I don't really use social media a lot so I was wondering about how I should tag my videos on YouTube. Thanks for asking for the rest of us newbs!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can use long-chain tags that might include repeated words. I would not put much emphasis on one-word or two-word tags. If those words are already in your title, they needn't be repeated singularly in a tag. Long-chain, however, can be beneficial. E.g. "siberian husky running," "siberian husky facts," "husky on the loose," etc.

Reactions: Atemporality