Question about software/hardware as a new youtuber

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I am new to youtube and I was wondering should I drop the money to invest in all of the top line stuff right away? I currently have the c930 webcame, hyper x2 headset and use that as my mic. I currently do not own an editing software.

My question is should I invest in the blue yeti + pop filter or keep using my headset in the meantime until I start seeing growth?

Also for editing software I was thinking about Sony Vegas Platinum is there a difference between Sony vegas movie studio (not the platinum) like is the $30 dollars worth the better investment or is there a better option/price out there that I do not know about.

Thanks everyone,
Score[DOUBLEPOST=1466629618,1466629534][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I should add I already pay for photoshop to make my thumbnails

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey everyone! So I am new to youtube and I was wondering should I drop the money to invest in all of the top line stuff right away? I currently have the c930 webcame, hyper x2 headset and use that as my mic. I currently do not own an editing software.

My question is should I invest in the blue yeti + pop filter or keep using my headset in the meantime until I start seeing growth?

Also for editing software I was thinking about Sony Vegas Platinum is there a difference between Sony vegas movie studio (not the platinum) like is the $30 dollars worth the better investment or is there a better option/price out there that I do not know about.

Thanks everyone,
Score[DOUBLEPOST=1466629618,1466629534][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I should add I already pay for photoshop to make my thumbnails
If you are a student you can get a huge student discount on Cyberlink software. I got Director's Suite 4 in December which comes with video editing software, video color editing software, picture software, and two audio programs. I like it, but you need to have a nice computer for it to run without bogging everything down. Most of my videos after June 8, 2013 have been edited in some way using Cyberlink Powerdirector. Try the demos out of each program to see what you like best.

Woogy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would definitely recommend Premier pro over sony vegas as it's much more up to date and at least for me it renders a lot faster than vegas ever did! Maybe you could go for a blue snowball instead and then use the extra money to put towards an editing software!

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Your sound quality sounds good to me. No pressing need to upgrade your audio I would say. For editing I use Adobe Premiere, which is a very good editing program, lets me do pretty much everything I want to do.